Florida True Freshman QB Treon Harris Suspended

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Oh my word. I gotta say, I feel sorry for Coach Boom. I was kind of hoping if he got canned in Florida, CNS would pick him up in some capacity for us. Now, I'm not so sure. Guy must've broken a whole glass shop worth of mirrors or something.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Just got in for lunch and read about this......there goes our season....

Bazza, I feel for you, brother. In the end, however, suspending the student athlete, and if guilty, letting him go will be better for the UF football program in the long run.
I feel for Muschamp, too.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Bazza, I feel for you, brother. In the end, however, suspending the student athlete, and if guilty, letting him go will be better for the UF football program in the long run.
I feel for Muschamp, too.
Thanks Tidewater.....I agree.

He should be dropped from the team if he indeed is guilty of this crime.

I care more about the integrity of our school than winning football games (although it's always nice to have both!)

I am happy our president issued a statement on this.....

"We have no tolerance for sexual assault on our campus," UF president Bernie Machen said in a statement. "The university is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for every member of the UF community. We must strive to protect all of our students from sexual harassment and assault, and do everything in our power to promote a safe learning environment."
Let the investigation proceed but for me it does not look good at this point. I feel bad for the young man but what can you say.....he's an adult and has to be accountable for his actions.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
If he is guilty of sexual assault then he should be kicked out of school and prosecuted. If the female made this up or intentionally exaggerated the situation, then she should be kicked out of school and prosecuted.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
If he is guilty of sexual assault then he should be kicked out of school and prosecuted. If the female made this up or intentionally exaggerated the situation, then she should be kicked out of school and prosecuted.
I agree on both counts. IF she made it up, she's not just hurting Harris. She's also hurting women in the future who actually are assaulted.

That having been said, wether Harris is guilty or not, the anonymous sources claiming that she's a cleat-chaser/spurned lover/nutjob-looking-for-a-paycheck are as predictable as the sun rising in the East. Wether she is or is not any of those things, the claims were inevitable.

Last edited:

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
They must have fairly credible evidence to go ahead and suspend him. Looks like UF is trying to handle this the right way. Good for them.

Thanks Tidewater.....I agree.

He should be dropped from the team if he indeed is guilty of this crime.

I care more about the integrity of our school than winning football games (although it's always nice to have both!)

I am happy our president issued a statement on this.....

Let the investigation proceed but for me it does not look good at this point. I feel bad for the young man but what can you say.....he's an adult and has to be accountable for his actions.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I agree on both counts. IF she made it up, she's not just hurting Harris. She's also hurting women in the future who actually are assaulted.

That having been said, wether Harris is guilty or not, the anonymous sources claiming that she's a cleat-chaser/spurned lover/nutjob-looking-for-a-paycheck are as predictable as the sun rising in the East. Wether she is or is not any of those things, the claims were inevitable.
Having dealt with a good number of young men of this age, my advice is that you should never be intimate with anyone you do not really know well enough to trust with your life (for disease, moral and legal reasons).
Just "hooking up" because you met someone who is attractive can have some really bad consequences.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I don't know how this will play out, but I just want to express my gratitude that at least one Florida school is choosing to do the right thing with a player accused of sexual assault.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Latest update:

A source close to the team who is not an eyewitness says they learned Harris forced a female victim into her residence hall at the Springs Residential Complex then allegedly sexually assaulted her in the room in the early hours of Sunday Oct. 5.

Source also said although the victim has a roommate but a bathroom separates rooms in suites in the complex, it's not uncommon to be unable hear what is going on in the other room. It is unknown whether the roommate was in the residence hall at the time of the incident.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
According to a release, the Gainesville Police Department has been asked by UPD to collect potential items of forensic evidence in relation to the Harris case.
When I read this part, I couldn't help imagining the Tallahassee PD doing a simlar investigation during which an unexplainable massive bleach spill took place. The I realized how ridiculous my thinking was. Tallahassee PD investigation!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Having dealt with a good number of young men of this age, my advice is that you should never be intimate with anyone you do not really know well enough to trust with your life (for disease, moral and legal reasons).
Just "hooking up" because you met someone who is attractive can have some really bad consequences.
especially if you are a high profile or well known person.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.