DNC Convention: Upheaval, threats, and everything Clinton

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This is truly bizarre, but the Democrats have stolen the best parts of the GOP. That's been the message all week. They've stolen the rhetoric of American exceptionalism as the GOP repeatedly claims that America has lost its greatness. They’ve become the party that supports the military, while the GOP candidate insults veterans by name. They've taken up the mantle of family values without requiring the albatross of Christian ideology. Suddenly, because the RNC completely abandoned these themes, it's the Democrats who are the party of patriotism, the military, family values, and the Reaganesque principle of American exceptionalism.

They've left the GOP nothing but existing now as the party of Trump, and it was absolutely fascinating to watch this happen.
And yet the republicans gave a fair election. While the democrats...........

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
My interpretation of the entire DNC convention can be summed up into one word: PANDERING

It's always been my opinion those democrats who hold office do so upon the backs of the poor and less fortunate in our country....with the myth that they are the party of salvation. When in reality they are nothing more than a gang of elitist snobs and bigots.

I totally understand that in our country there are many who feel disenfranchised.....and they look at these politicians as personal flotation devices. They want and need to cling to something for spiritual support. You could even say cults are formed. And "movements".

But at the end of the day all that counts is getting in office....getting the votes....holding power.....and making money.

Despite all the words said last night....this is what I saw, sorry to say.....
That's rich, given that PANDERING is the basis of Trump's entire campaign.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This is truly bizarre, but the Democrats have stolen the best parts of the GOP. That's been the message all week. They've stolen the rhetoric of American exceptionalism as the GOP repeatedly claims that America has lost its greatness. They’ve become the party that supports the military, while the GOP candidate insults veterans by name. They've taken up the mantle of family values without requiring the albatross of Christian ideology. Suddenly, because the RNC completely abandoned these themes, it's the Democrats who are the party of patriotism, the military, family values, and the Reaganesque principle of American exceptionalism.

They've left the GOP nothing but existing now as the party of Trump, and it was absolutely fascinating to watch this happen.
What's truly bizarre is watching someone come to this conclusion of the matter.

It's all fairy tales and fantasy.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
you seem bitter.
Not bitter at all.

the "empty suit" gave a very inspired and optimistic speech last night,
He virtually always does except when it involves cops or guns.

maybe that will cheer you up and make you feel a little better about our country.
You must have me confused with someone who thinks that if Candidate X doesn't win, the whole country dies.

I actually don't view it that way at all.

In point of fact, I was mostly joshing in reply to what had to be a light attempt at humor.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
That's rich, given that PANDERING is the basis of Trump's entire campaign.

I don't agree.

While I do agree that in essence ALL politicians pander as part of their DNA.....the point I was making is (to use your words) "the entire basis" of the Democratic Party is to pander to those who feel disenfranchised....either because of their skin color...their gender identity....or their income inequality.

But the irony is.....all these Democratic politicians REALLY care about is themselves. And they feel that THEY are the entitled ones...the elitists...who can bring about HOPE and CHANGE for those disenfranchised masses.

I find it disgusting and sad.

You can say what you want about Trump but it doesn't affect my sentiments as stated above.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I don't agree.

While I do agree that in essence ALL politicians pander as part of their DNA.....the point I was making is (to use your words) "the entire basis" of the Democratic Party is to pander to those who feel disenfranchised....either because of their skin color...their gender identity....or their income inequality.

But the irony is.....all these Democratic politicians REALLY care about is themselves. And they feel that THEY are the entitled ones...the elitists...who can bring about HOPE and CHANGE for those disenfranchised masses.

I find it disgusting and sad.

You can say what you want about Trump but it doesn't affect my sentiments as stated above.
We must agree to disagree, then.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Not nearly as disturbing as people believing that Donald Trump is more qualified than her to be president.
According to the FBI she is too dumb to have intent to break the laws that she broke. If she is that dumb after living in the White House for as long as she did and then being a senator and secretary of state, my dog is more qualified. She'll probably store the nuclear codes on her facebook account.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I don't look at it from the perspective of who is most qualified.

I look at it as who I feel will do their best to help the country.

Qualifications can mean many different things.....but having qualifications alone doesn't mean that person will do what I perceive as what's best for the country.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.