Best Time You've Had at an Alabama Game

Since we're all thinking of the worst time we've had at an Alabama game, why don't we all think of the best time.

For me, I didn't go to many games before I became a student. As a result, my moment has to be the 2002 Tennessee game in the heart of enemy territory. Nothing has been the thrill of yelling "Ramma Jamma" at the top of my lungs while sitting in the heart of Tennessee's student section.

Capstoner

Scout Team
Oct 12, 1999
1999 the Swamp.

When we had to punt late in the game, it looked like the game was lost. But the Florida guy dropped it and the rest is history. Outstanding game. It was my favorite because we had been beaten by LaTech a couple games before and Florida was #3 in the country with the longest home win streak in the country. Bama was given no chance to win that game.

Honorable mention:
* 1996 Auburn (Doesn't get closer than this)
* 1994 Georgia (Shootout)
* 1998 LSU (4th quarter amazing)
* 1999 Auburn (1st win in J.H.)
* 1999 Miss State (for West title)

Games I wish I had attended:
* 1985 AU
* 1992 Miami
* 2001 AU

Last edited:

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
Bama vs Georgia 1994

One of the best games I've ever witnessed in person. The other 2 games was Miss State in1999 and last seasons games against the COWARDS from Knoxville.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
DD, as far as recent games go, I've got to agree...

Even in the drizzle, the after-game was so neat. All those grim-faced security people guarding the goalpost. Our band keeping on playing and the player smoking cigars and interacting with the Bama fans who wouldn't leave the stadium... :biggrin:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Don't remember the year, but it was against the Viles and Bama was up 21-0 after 5 mins! It was on October 18, my birthday. Also, went to Atlanta for last SEC Championship game v. Florida. Had great seats and surrounded by wonderful fans. Only negative to that game was only the first Florida TD was at my end! However, wasn't complaining cos Bama waxed them.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
'93 Sugar Bowl. Great game, great venue, great roadtrip. Best trip I've ever been on.

'73 vs. Cal in B'ham. I was still in HS, and there was this coed sitting in front of me at the game....nevermind. BTW, we won 66-0 vs. Chuck Muncie, Steve Bartkowski, and Vince Ferragamo.

'01 Independence Bowl. Nice road trip, nice win, and I paid for the trip in 15 minutes on the dollar slots.

'65 vs. the Vols in Legion Field. My first game to attend.

kfo9494

Suspended
Jun 19, 2001
Gadsden, Alabama
The 98 LSU game..

I know this is recent memory but I have never seen a crowd so up for LSU to finally win in Drunken Rouge. We scored two touchdowns in the last 2 minutes to win the game. I must confess, I thought we were done for. Zow was great that day and the on-side kick came up on Bama's side.
I have NEVER seen fans so upset at losing then I did that day. And of course, I had goose-bumps for hours.
>
Another win was the 93 Ole miss game in Oxford. By all account we should have lost that game but thanks to David Palmer we won it at the very last. The Ole Miss fans and players were so upset that they started pelting the Bama section with everything they had. Also one of their players was ejected with less than a minute to go when he knew it was over. It was the first time that we played Ole Miss in Oxford and I will never forget all thoses port-o-potties under the bleachers.
Another time that we should not have won and came out ahead was the 1988 Kentucky game in Lexington. How we won is beyond me- Shades Valley could have beaten us that day but in the end we scored with 20 something seconds on the clock to win.
It just seems nice to win in someone elses house.

Dixiedawg

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Mobile, Ala
www.geocities.com
well this is a tough one for me!

Tennesse Game in which Siran Stacy ran wild over the Vols. The 92 Championship games with a win over Fla in the SEC or the win over Miami in the Sugar. The win over LSU during 92 was special too, really just about any game we won has been fabulous. :biga2:

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Way out in front: 93 Sugar Bowl v. Miami w/ my pa-in-law.

Other awesome ones:

"The Kick" Iron bowl in 85. Legion Field never rocked like that!

Bama v. KY in 1980. We beat them like a tied-up goat; but it was my first game after transferring to the Capstone.

Bama v. Notre Dame @ Legion Field in the mid-80s ("The Sack" by C. Bennett). I've disliked ND intensely since 1966, so this game was sweet!

Bama v. USM in around '94 - first game exiled, jr. ever attended if my memory serves. He was 6, & was (and is) hooked.

And a wierd one...
Bama v. Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl in 1973. Granted, we lost a heart breaker; but it was my first-ever game in person.

exiled

i4bama2

Scout Team
Jul 12, 2003
O'Fallon, Missouri
2002 Alabama vs. LSU:

... at Death Valley; 31-0. Had great view sitting up in the upper deck; watching how quickly the stadium was emptying out midway in the 3rd quarter. How sweet it was!

SemperDuc

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 2, 2003
New Philadelphia, Ohio, U.S.A.
The Sugar Bowl after the 1977 season when we beat Ohio State and the legendary Woody Hayes. I am a life-long Bama fan who attended Ohio State in the early '70's and all I heard was how Alabama could not hang with a Big Ten team--especially OSU. They have a fine tradition and program, but we have certainly earned their respect. RTR

MykTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 28, 2004
Columbus, GA
..was during a loss.

Last year. Arkansas game. I took my 12 year old son to his first Bama game. The game was rain delayed for an hour. It was a pretty good downfall and the tunnels were packed. We, along with thousands of others, couldn't get in the tunnels. We set in the rain for the whole time, doing the wave, getting soaked to our underwear.

My son was drenched when the game started. I asked him if he was okay about the same time the Tide hit the field. He said, "Dad, this is the best day of my life".

Yea we lost in overtime when we should have won, but nothing will ever top that day in Tuscaloosa.

ROLL TIDE!

rolltide92276

1st Team
Jan 8, 2002
Hueytown, Alabama, U.S.A.
Without a doubt...

the '02 games in Knoxville and Baton Rouge. There's nothing better than watching the home team's stadium emptying out halfway through the third quarter and then out numbering their fans by the end of the game!

BamaZone

1st Team
May 22, 2003
montgomery al
1979... Bama vs USC... Charlie White ran all over us, my van was blocked iin at a side parking yard very near Legion Field, could not even leave until after midnight... but was with the love of my life... her first Bama game... will never forget that! I hope she thinks of me every once in a while!

christoph

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 3, 2000
Meridian,mississippi, USA
My favorite was the 94 georgia game.Totally awesome.Also the 95 usm game.with under a minute,Burgdorf on 4th down throws to Toderick Malone at about usm 2 yard line and Malone falls into the endzone for the winning points.RTR

Bamatonez

Scout Team
Nov 5, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
www.etminc.com
bayoutider said:
In recent times the 2002 win in Baton Rouge over LSU was pretty sweet for me.

The LSU fans chanted Tigah Bait at us when we unloaded the busses before the game...

It was sooo much fun to chant Tigah Bait right back at em in the 3rd quarter! I know our entire section was chanting load as all getout!

BamaLovinGatorHater

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 18, 2002
Cullman, AL
Ah the memories

HEY BAMANATION,I'M BACK!

I loved 99 Miss State game-BD was just alive and walking around campus afterward was just magical.

But my two favs-92 and 99 SEC championships,most notably the 99 edition...hehehe,it showed Spurrier on the jumbotron after a play and it looked like he had just swallowed a shotput.What a beautiful moment.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.