Colorado Man Rescued From Submerged Car Sues Rescuers For Half A Million Dollars

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-man-...submerged-214038116--abc-news-topstories.html

(Granted, headline is a little more shocking than the story...)

A Colorado man, despite acknowledging that he's lucky to be alive after being trapped in a submerged car, has filed an intent to sue his rescuers for half a million dollars.

Roy Ortiz filed his intent to sue the county of Boulder and his rescuers for a tentative $500,000 as a "preservative" measure, his attorney, Ed Ferszt, told ABCNews.com.

Ferszt said the county should have closed the road during floods in September. He said the first responders were also included because they did not realize Ortiz was trapped in the car until they prepared to lift it out of the water.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Oliver Sansweet's Lawyer: Mr. Sansweet didn't asked to be saved. Mr. Sansweet didn't want to be saved. And the injuries received from Mr. Incredible's "actions," so-called, causes him daily pain.
Mr Incredible: Hey, I saved your life!
Oliver Sansweet: You didn't save my life, you ruined my death, that's what you did!

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Oliver Sansweet's Lawyer: Mr. Sansweet didn't asked to be saved. Mr. Sansweet didn't want to be saved. And the injuries received from Mr. Incredible's "actions," so-called, causes him daily pain.
Mr Incredible: Hey, I saved your life!
Oliver Sansweet: You didn't save my life, you ruined my death, that's what you did!
Glad I'm not the only one who had this thought.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I guarantee that the lawyer told him that he won't really be suing his rescuers, but rather just the insurance company. Hey, you can get you some money man! Some lawyers are just pure dirt bags.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.