TampaJim or someone else, what is the early read

Baldbass

1st Team
Nov 19, 1999
Lynn Haven, FL
on coach price and recruiting? i would guess he will honor the offers made by the previous staff, but what do think will be different? how are the players responding to coach price?

------------------
"If You Believe In Yourself And Have Dedication And Pride ~ And Never Quit, You'll Be A Winner. The Price Of Victory Is High But So Are The Rewards."
~ Bear Bryant

MUSSO

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 9, 2001
Tallahassee, FL
many players and recruits who have been quoted by media have had similar statements - they all find him to be very personable, friendly, "cool", etc. ... they haven't heard anything negative about him, but they don't know too much either ... the remaining staff that is unassembled is a concern too ...

that's what i know, fwiw ...

Baldbass

1st Team
Nov 19, 1999
Lynn Haven, FL
tide, i don't judge price by that game either. he had many circumstances against him, mainly talent level, and i think it's a heck of an accomplishment for wsu to even make it to a bcs game.

musso, am i hearing you say that we need to wait a little while and just see what happens?

------------------
"If You Believe In Yourself And Have Dedication And Pride ~ And Never Quit, You'll Be A Winner. The Price Of Victory Is High But So Are The Rewards."
~ Bear Bryant

MUSSO

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 9, 2001
Tallahassee, FL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Baldbass:
musso, am i hearing you say that we need to wait a little while and just see what happens?

</font>
well, if you are asking what the kids' impression of Price is I just think that the general feeling is that he must be a quality coach, but there is also a sense of unfamiliarity which is to be expected thus far ... i think when his staff becomes solidified and the players and recruits know who their position coaches will be and have visited with them, then we will know something definitive ... in the meantime, yes, i guess we need to wait until Price resumes and completes his duties as Bama head coach ...

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The Tide:
I don't judge Price on the Rose Bowl, but you know that will be used to convince players not to commit.</font>
By who? Who are we recruiting against?

UT? They got b**** slapped by MARYLAND 30-3

UF? They lost and gave up 38 points

Aubie? I'm sure Chad Jackson wants to go watch Jason Campbell hand the ball off 40 times per game.

MSU? Oh yeah, no bowl there.

Ole Miss? Hmm...7-6 is impressive

Let the man get to campus, get his staff in place and see what happens on signing day, we will have a top 20 class with several impact players.

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BamaKam:
By who? Who are we recruiting against?

UT? They got b**** slapped by MARYLAND 30-3

UF? They lost and gave up 38 points

Aubie? I'm sure Chad Jackson wants to go watch Jason Campbell hand the ball off 40 times per game.

MSU? Oh yeah, no bowl there.

Ole Miss? Hmm...7-6 is impressive

Let the man get to campus, get his staff in place and see what happens on signing day, we will have a top 20 class with several impact players.
</font>
Anyone who is recruiting the same people we are! Duh!

------------------

"Hold the Rope" Benedict Arnold aka Dennis Franchione

"We weren't loyal to the coach, we were loyal to the University of Alabama" Center Alonzo Ephraim

"Through this adversity, we will move forward and become stronger than ever." Mal Moore

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The Tide:
Anyone who is recruiting the same people we are! Duh!
</font>
That's my point, most of the teams we are recruiting against are worse off than we are, and defintely worse off than WSU.

GA is a good point, but have most of their receivers returning and have commits from 3 or 4 this year already.

doctorgonzo

Jan 16, 2002
Sheffield
aol.com
Why do you people think a young man will choose his college just by the the way they played in their last game? There are so many factors that weigh in someone trying to choose a school, the school's meaningless bowl game they played that season probably doesn't mean too much.

------------------
Coach Bryant would use him as a urinal.
-Paul Finebaum's take on Coach Fraud

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.