A few thoughts from afar...

JPinSOCAL

Scout Team
Dec 8, 2002
Santa Ana,CA USA
Hey all! Hope the holidays were good to everyone. As the conference season is about to begin, I'd like to make a couple of observations about this seasons hoop squad. Although I've only watched 3 games, (Pitt,Oregon,Xavier)I personally feel this team has a lot of upside. The speed and quickness of this team I love. I've never been a fan of teams that walk the ball up-court and start their offense. Push the action...If the opponent gets back, then run your offense. If they don't, you should have on odd man break, and a good look at an easy shot. This team seems to try this more than the teams of the past few years. A couple of drawbacks I've noticed so far,(and again, I've only seen 3 games.) The 2 most obvious potholes in my eyes are: The lack of motion without the ball in the half-court offense. And,(gulp) the inability to win the true road games. I know this team is young, and it's early. But the road has seemed to boggle CMG in the past. The guys can start off fresh Sat. with a big road win. Here's to 'em!! Go get 'em guys!! RTR!!!

------------------

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.