Daniel Brooks....

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
Does anyone get the idea that DB is just waiting for us to hire a DC before committing? I'd love to have Daniel, moreso than Chad Jackson, Robert Meachem, or JM. Thoughts on him? RTR

MUSSO

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 9, 2001
Tallahassee, FL
i agree that the recruits, especially the most coveted recruits, are more informed about some things than the most avid subscriber of a fan website.

i don't doubt that a star like Brooks Daniel has been briefed on who Price is chasing for a defensive staff.

RollTider82

1st Team
Jun 18, 2002
Tuscaloosa(Heaven), AL
I kind of get the feeling from what I've read (especially the latest BOL article) that DB really wants to come to Bama, but is getting a lot of outside pressure to come to UT. It almost seems like he is "looking for an excuse" to go to Bama, so to speak. He seemed really excited about his upcoming visit to the Capstone as well.

FWIW, he said something to the effect of "Right now, everybody is even, but that could change when I visit Bama." I think we are the only school in his top 3 he has yet to visit.

------------------
There are more important things in life than Alabama football, but I can count them on one hand.

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
His top three schools are Bama, UT, and OM <--- in that order, IMO. UT is self destructing. What are you going to do at Ole Miss? Go to four Independance Bowls? Alabama is on the rise, and are destined for good things in the future. RTR

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
Man, if we could steal Brooks and rope McLain back in, we'd be in good shape. And I know it's a long shot, but I wouldn't count out Swain or Jackson just yet.

doctorgonzo

Jan 16, 2002
Sheffield
aol.com
I read yesterday where Daniel Brooks was quoted as saying that he is down to two schools, Bama & UT. He said they are dead even and he will not announce his decision until signing day.

Also, I would definitely count Jayson Swain out. He has proven he has no interest in staying in state.

lovebama

Jan 12, 2003
moody,al 35004
Someone on tiderinsider said Brooks committed to terneseee.They supposably heard it on a radio show that it was a package deal??? Who really knows...I hope their wrong...RTR

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
If we don't get Brooks, I honestly 100% think it is for not hiring a dc soon enough. I really hope it's not true. Losing the top 3 players from our state and the top player from TN, all of which had a strong interest in Bama at one point (save maybe JM) is quite sad. I also heard Ernie Sims commited to AU......

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I didn't really expect any top flight guys to commit beyond the ones who already have. If you think of all the crap the other coaches are shovelling them about Alabama,

Bama's not going to win during probation,
They have an unproven coach,
They might get the death penalty,

if its Tennessee they can say,

You won't have to go to class,
We can pay you and get away with it,
Coach Fulmer will let you rape and pillage at will, etc...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.