why cant we cant sign freddie saint preux?

BigET84

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 11, 2000
Montgomery, AL US
I think we are misinterpreting this rule. USC and Florida are recruting him, so we should be able to also. I think we might still try to sign him when it gets resolved.

RollTider82

1st Team
Jun 18, 2002
Tuscaloosa(Heaven), AL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BigET84:
I think we are misinterpreting this rule. USC and Florida are recruting him, so we should be able to also. I think we might still try to sign him when it gets resolved.</font>
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the SEC has tougher academic eligibility requirements than most other conferences.

------------------
There are more important things in life than Alabama football, but I can count them on one hand.

RollTider82

1st Team
Jun 18, 2002
Tuscaloosa(Heaven), AL
Thought you meant Southern Cal.

He cannot sign with any SEC school. He has not completed enough JUCO classes to qualify for SEC play.

------------------
There are more important things in life than Alabama football, but I can count them on one hand.

GAMEFACE

1st Team
Feb 6, 2001
Cahaba Heights, Al. USA
He can sign and will. he is visiting this weekend. If I understand it right he has qualified or will by dec. and then can sign and participate in spring drills. Doesnt count against next year but on this year as long as he is eligable by dec. Cannt roll any schollies over til next year they have to be used by dec. If we dont use all the schollies can use them to sign any juco from now to dec. If we sign 13 we have 5 we can use on juco players that dont sign. Its been done before. He will qualify though. He is huge and will be a great addition.

RollTider82

1st Team
Jun 18, 2002
Tuscaloosa(Heaven), AL
Turns out that BOL scooped everyone on this one. There were conflicting reports all over the place, and BOL was the only site that had it right. Kudos to them!

This guy would be an excellent pickup right now, IMO. I'd love to have him if for no other reason than to steal one of fraud's recruits from aTm.

------------------

ga tide man #9

Scout Team
Jan 16, 2003
trion ga.
Concerning frenchie Freddie, he was recruited by the Dubose staff so we had to get permission from the NCAA. According to the B.ham news we now have clearance.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.