TEASER thread titles

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Recent thread titles (6/8/05) on Non Sports: Are they "teaser titles?" If so, can we all do better at self-policing this?

"Privacy?"

"I canot see why"

"Would you allow this"

"Anniversary"

"Isn't this odd"

"Humm"

"Teaser" Thread Titles - from RTO22

Not to be picky, since it is the offseason, but let's watch the "teaser" threads. We had a post from an administrator about this problem not that long ago. We've had to correct several here lately. Titles such as "Did you see this?" are 1) overlooked, 2) uninformative to contents of thread, and 3) lead to duplicate threads of the same subject.Thanks!

Last edited:

BamaLaw

Suspended
Oct 15, 1999
Homewood, AL USA
Don't know about all the threads you mention because I didn't bother looking for all of them; however, when I clicked on the "Privacy?" thread, I found exactly what I was expecting--a discussion about privacy issues.

One thread that you don't mention that I wish I'd never opened was definitely a "teaser" thread. I'm thinking of boiler"union"bama's "Does this Admin. not have to answer?" I...and at least one of our admins thought he was referencing one of this board's admins. That is the ONLY reason I even bothered to open it. If I had dreamed it was going to be the mindless drivel that it was, I never would have opened it. However, it did remind me of why I stopped visiting the non-sports board many months ago. I only got back on this board back in March to participate in the right to die discussion. If people can't make their subject lines adequately describe their subject matter, I guess I'll have to stop opening threads out of curiosity and only open those that are obvious. Either that or just get off this board again so that my blood pressure will stay in a healthy range.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
To tell the truth...

we are a lot more energetic about enforcement during FB season, when front page real estate gets more precious. However, whenever any of the mods see a "mystery" title, they try to add descriptive material. It's no fun to open a thread and feel like you've been duped or fooled into looking at something you haven't the slightest interest in...

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
BamaLaw said:
Don't know about all the threads you mention because I didn't bother looking for all of them; however, when I clicked on the "Privacy?" thread, I found exactly what I was expecting--a discussion about privacy issues.

One thread that you don't mention that I wish I'd never opened was definitely a "teaser" thread. I'm thinking of boiler"union"bama's "Does this Admin. not have to answer?" I...and at least one of our admins thought he was referencing one of this board's admins. That is the ONLY reason I even bothered to open it. If I had dreamed it was going to be the mindless drivel that it was, I never would have opened it. However, it did remind me of why I stopped visiting the non-sports board many months ago. I only got back on this board back in March to participate in the right to die discussion. If people can't make their subject lines adequately describe their subject matter, I guess I'll have to stop opening threads out of curiosity and only open those that are obvious. Either that or just get off this board again so that my blood pressure will stay in a healthy range.
I knew what Boiler was refering to. I was merely making light of his post before the hyenas got to the carcass and started feeding. ;) Actually my response was mindless drivel and I admit it. ;)

CrimsonNan

BamaNation Hall of Fame
Oct 19, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Alabama, USA
BamaLaw said:

Or take a blood pressure pill - lol. Don't leave. Stick around - I enjoy your posts.
:biggrin2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.