Great Win!! I think some fans need some help though (long)

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
First of all, what a great win! This team is living a dream right now! The players and coaching staff deserve all the credit right now for what they've accomplished. Thank you for bringing pride back to Alabama basketball and for taking Alabama to new heights!

I know I don't post a lot on the basketball board, but I always get on this forum and read the posts. We have some great fans here at Alabama, but I think we need to help out some of our people getting on other forums. I was just reading some posts from a Syracuse board and I have to say that I was embarassed. Now, I know most of the people who post on other boards are either too young to remember the last time we went to the sweet 16 or they are just trying to get a rise out of the Syracuse family, but the image it is portraying on the fan base at large is embarassing.

Alabama has always been a name that was respected. Now, to be honest, it has been in football that we have really made our name, but Gottfried has built on what Coach Sanderson and Coach Newton have laid the foundation. We have a team that is begining to gain respect around the nation again. We don't need fans that are acting like we have never won a big ballgame. As has been said many times before, Act Like You Have Been There Before. Now, granted, we haven't been here before, but we need to ACT like it.

I am probably not telling you all anything you haven't heard before, but, to be honest, I think we need a little reminder. Yeah, nothing's wrong with a little trash talk, but when you get fans from other schools saying they "can't wait until the game is over when these Bama Fans can go home" it is embarassing. Show some class and respect for the other school. We are Alabama. We don't have to stoop to that level. We are the standard.

I know I'll probably get flamed, but this has been on my mind lately and I needed to let ya'll know. Folks, we've made Alabama history last night. We got to the Elite 8. Guess what, though? We ain't won anything yet. I don't want to take anything away from the great win, but that's the truth. This is a great team that is making history and I want to support them the best way I can.

Sorry if I stepped on any toes, but I wanted to voice my opinion. I hope nobody takes this the wrong way.

Roll Tide!! Beat UConn!
ChattTide

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Most of the people you are intending that message to be for, probably don't know this site is here, and are on CBS, RIVALS, etc....

This site is really a great site, and for the most part, the only trash talking on here are against our own players and coaches.....

that's the frustrating part

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
I think you're right about preaching to the choir. Sorry.

That's what I love about this sight. You can come here and none of that stuff is tolerated. I just didn't know if there was seriously anything that can be done about the name of Alabama being drug through the mud because somebody that might not even be a Bama fan decides he/she wants to get a rise out of somebody.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.