Tim Castille and Company

SigmaNuRTR

Jul 31, 2003
Tuscaloosa, AL
I love how the Tom Lemmings of the world seem to know just so much about recruiting and always rank us low in the SEC ranks and yet we still come up with 10 win seasons and consistancy even though we are on proabation.

Tim Castille will be by far one of the top backs in Bama history when he gets through. Anyone that big, fast, and that much recieving ability deserves more props. Yea, Lemming has him up there as one of the top backs in the country but why is our ranking so low?

Look at what Tuscalosoa County brought us. Terrance is eligible and LaRon McLain will know if he passed the grad exam this week. McLain has been rated the top fullback in the country in some polls.

Then look at the receievers. Matt Caddell and William Roach could easily start this season, but luckally we got a ton of guys back so they could red shirt. Every heard of a guy named Tyrone Prothro? You will soon, this short quick playmaker will soon turn heads in the SEC.

So why aren't we up there Tom? Do I need to continue further? I guess we'll prove em' all wrong again. ROLL TIDE

------------------
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride...and never quit, you'll be a winner...The price of victory is high...but so are the rewards."
-Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNTN

1st Team
Feb 5, 2002
Birmingham via Winchester, TN
I wonder the same things sometime. It doesn't seem like our recruiting classes get too many props. You've got to remember that we've had some small classes the last few years due to reductions. That has seemingly turned some of the "top class lists" from being in our favor. Thats's all going to change after a couple of years with CMS at helm.
I feel that a lot of high school seniors on the bubble will be turned our way during and after this football season. Some of them are just waiting to see Coach's offense in action. We will definitely haul in a good QB and some great WRs after they have a look at what we have to offer. This recruiting year is gonna be a good one...I can't feel it!!!

RTR!

I think part of the problem is that Bama couldn't sign a full load of players. IMO, if they had signed the full 25 players allowed by NCAA regs, they would have gotten more notice.

As for Tyrone Prothro, from what I understand, the guy would have been very highly regarded but his grades were in TERRIBLE shape. 99.9% of everybody out there in the recruiting business (coaches and writers) had written him off thinking that there was no way he would qualify. He was considered dead in the water. I guess that's what you get when you assume..........

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.