Preseason No 6 for next year?

TruCrimson

All-SEC
Aug 26, 2002
Selma, AL
Dont think he is a Bama grad??

------------------
"They have never rolled over one time, they just play hard. That’s a great characteristic to have, it’s pretty simple, but it’s true about our team.”
Coach Gottfried

!!!ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

The last thing this team needs going into next season is lofty predictions from bandwagon jumping sportscasters and media outlets.

The players need to expect and set higher goals for themselves, but not get distracted from the publicity from their elite 8 run of this past season. Coaching will have to be at a premium to keep their focus.

Personally, I think a top 20 ranking say around 15th, would be a more realistic starting point. Still giving them credit but giving them room for improvement.

I guess it was inevitable that in this age of computers and the internet, that early premature rankings would pop up within seconds of crowning a new champion. There is apparently way too many sports writers with nothing better to do with their time than start arguments just for the sake of arguing.

Hell fire I believe I'll predict the top 25!

#1- Who else? Duke
#2- Why not? UCONN
#3- Might as wells! Kentucky
#4- ACC rules don't they? North Carolina
#5- After consulting with the "Sporting News", new coach, played at UNC, you guessed it! Auburn
#6- Arizona BABY!
#7- Maryland, (read #4!)
#8- GA.Tech, " "
#9- Kansas
#10- Florida, (would be higher, but why!)
#11- Syracuse(only orange in my poll)
#12- UCLA(Tradition deserves recognition I suppose)
#13- Unlucky number goes to Notre Dame
#14- Texas
#15- UAB (If Anderson stays!)
#16- Miss ST. (Hope not to hurt any feelings. Will rank'em higher if popular opinion warrants)
#17- Pitt
#18- Georgia (was on my mind)
#19- Wake Forrest (ACC rules you know)
#20- Louisville
#21- Stanford (The bigger they are, the harder they fall)
#22- Memphis (Tennstud paid me to do it being that I refused UT)
#23- Illinois
#24- Michigan (NIT winners deserve some love)
#25- Washington (Bet Bama plays them first in the Great Alaska Shootout)

Others receiving votes- Alabama! Yea! Roll Tide! Did you think I was going to jinx our team with a top 25 ranking. Wasn't ranked before our teams elite 8 ascension and don't need it to go to the final four.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by wastedmason (edited 04-10-2004).]

BammaNFla

1st Team
Aug 7, 2003
Tallahassee, FL,, US of A
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wastedmason:
Hell fire I believe I'll predict the top 25!

#5- After consulting with the "Sporting News", new coach, played at UNC, you guessed it! Auburn
#10- Florida, (would be higher, but why!)
#11- Syracuse(only orange in my poll)
#14- Texas
#23- Illinois

[This message has been edited by wastedmason (edited 04-10-2004).]
</font>
Yo Mason--Don't look now, but Orange infiltrated your predictions big time!

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
I hear you wastedmason, but they won't be #6 in the major polls. He probably wants to jinx Bama himself. I don't see Bama as a top ten team and I think the SEC will be weak. Yet, it will be strong as far as competing with one another. Bama should be in the top 15 though. I'd say maybe 12th behind teams like Duke, NC, Wake should be strong, UConn, Syracuse, Stanford, and Cincy.

Hey man, there are a ton of teams that are going through youth movements. You never know how those teams will pan out(much like Bama did), so it's really hard to predict.

Watch out for Arkansas when they get some post presence. They and Bama could really be good with some strong post play. MSU is a post guy and a good defensive gaurd away from being pretty good. The East should be hurting next season but Tubby and Odom will pull something together. Donovan is a punk!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
i agree i think bama will be great next year but i hope they don't get any respect. if everybody thinks they suck they will sneak up on everyone like they did this year. final 4 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.