Brodie emerging at Senior Bowl

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
SIAP, but Brodie made the front page of ESPN.com Senior Bowl coverage today. Sounds like he is beginning to hit his stride.

ESPN.com link

This was also in the Senior Bowl chat on ESPN.com:

bel Mobile AL: How was Brodie at practice today

Buzzmaster: Brodie Croyle was improved in today's practice. In my opinion, he was the best QB on the South roster today, including Darrell Hackney and D.J. Shockley. Shockley has really struggled as a passer this week.

bamafan37

1st Team
Feb 2, 2005
This is from that same ESPN article I think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

R.J. (Chicago, IL): Hey DeAngelo, who has laid the biggest hit this week? Either on you, or on someone else..

DeAngelo Williams: Today. Mississippi State's Jerious Norwood got leveled by DeMeco Ryans. I was like, man, you OK?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe, I love it.

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Did any of you see Ivan Maisel's three point stance today?

1. At the Senior Bowl Tuesday, Vandy quarterback Jay Cutler of the North team peruses the rosters. "Is DeMeco Ryans here?" Cutler asks. Yes, he is told, the Alabama linebacker is on the South team. "Ooohhh," Cutler moans. "I thought he wasn't going to be here!" Ryans hears the story. A big grin spreads over his face.

Ih8UT

Scout Team
Dec 20, 2003
Arlington, TN
bamaslaw said:
Did any of you see Ivan Maisel's three point stance today?
I read that - puts a grin over my face, too.

Of all the great seniors we are losing this year, DeMeco is my favorite. Just seems to be a true professional, already, with a good head on his shoulders and great heart.

Good luck, Mr. Ryans! Roll Tide!

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
It's really good to see these guys flourishing at the Senior Bowl. Hopefully Brodie can wow scouts so much he can sneak into the 1st round. Though that would be difficult, the second round doesn't sound too bad at all. I'm really going to miss these guys. I came to Alabama in 2001 as a freshmen like most of them. I've seen them around and actually got to know some guys like Anthony Madison. So its good to see them doing so great, and it will be even better to see them tearing it up on Sundays in the future. They have really helped put 'Bama back where it belongs.

blackumbrella

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
dominican harlem
CapstoneGrad06 said:
It's really good to see these guys flourishing at the Senior Bowl. Hopefully Brodie can wow scouts so much he can sneak into the 1st round. Though that would be difficult, the second round doesn't sound too bad at all. I'm really going to miss these guys. I came to Alabama in 2001 as a freshmen like most of them. I've seen them around and actually got to know some guys like Anthony Madison. So its good to see them doing so great, and it will be even better to see them tearing it up on Sundays in the future. They have really helped put 'Bama back where it belongs.
no chance in hell brodie goes in the first round. there are alot of overstatements out there about his size and potential to put on weight. if he makes a roster and we see him in the preseason i'll be thrilled. i hope ryans goes to a big market team where we can see him split heads on a regular basis. i was amazed though at the slow 40 times and weights i've seen posted for him. it could easily be the case that our best pro turns out to be roach, playing mike where, depending on the scheme, his run stuffing can be taken advantage of and his lack of speed might not be such a liability.

cooleddie

1st Team
Jul 27, 2003
pensacola,fl
I found this short piece on a site while googling for Senior Bowl coverage:

Jets | Bradway impressed by Croyle
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:45:47 -0800

Ned Britton, of NewYorkJets.com, reports New York Jets general manager Terry Bradway was impressed by Alabama QB Brodie Croyle during workouts Tuesday, Jan. 24, at the Senior Bowl.
Here's the link:

http://kffl.com/hotw/nfl

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
I'm not saying Brodie will go in the first round. I'm just saying that based on his last two practices the scouts have been extremely pleased by his abilities. I figured fourth or fifth round comig into the Senior Bowl practices. Now it seems his has definitely assured a second round spot. All I was saying was it could be amazing if, for what ever strange reason, he slips in to the first round. Stranger things have happened, so who knows. I doubt that this will occur, and maybe he want go in the second either. I just was hopeful for him, considering he never was able to show his true potential at 'Bama with all his injuries.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Blackumbrella

Harper could also turn out to be a great NFL'er . As far as Brodie , it took all of 2 practices to move from the 5th rd. to the 2nd . So yeah , there's no way in hell he could sneek into the bottom of the 1st !!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2:

blackumbrella

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
dominican harlem
LCN said:
Harper could also turn out to be a great NFL'er . As far as Brodie , it took all of 2 practices to move from the 5th rd. to the 2nd . So yeah , there's no way in hell he could sneek into the bottom of the 1st !!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2:
calm down. i hope brodie does well in the nfl, i just don't see it. as for the no way in hell first round prediction, that has more to do with the teams and their needs than brodie. teams in the early part of round 1 are going to fill needs; qb-wise the 3rd will be cutler to the dolphins at 16. after that the teams largely have solid qb situations--otherwise they wouldn't be in the top half of nfl teams.

19-Chargers: need ot

20-Chiefs: still need d. probably dt

21-Pats: why would they take bc?

22-Broncos: will need te and wr after dumping big contracts

23-Bucs: have simms. might take ryans to eventually supplant brooks

24-Bengals: why take anything other than d

25-Giants: manninig

26-Bears: not strong at qb but have two potential starters

27-Panthers: jake

28-Jags: byron

29-Broncos: again, i think they'll go wr or te with their two 1st rounders, but i guess it's not impossible that they'd look to replace snake.

30-Colts: do i have to explain it?

31-Seahawks: think alexander is overrated and won't pay him, will draft a rb

32-Pittsburgh: yeah right

of course, we could always see a trade scenario. tell you what. we'll bet a beer on it and if you're ever in the city or i'm ever in the gump we'll settle up.

NOSty

Suspended
Nov 23, 2002
Houston, Texas
The Broncos may not be completely satisfied with JAke Plummer after his performance in the play-offs against the steelers and having 2 first round picks may just prompt them to take a chance on someone like Brodie.

The Bengals may be looking because of the injury to Palmer in the play-offs against the Steelers.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Blackumbrella ,

I don't think BC goes in the 1st either . It just seemed as if you were saying he'd be lucky if he was still on a roster by the time pre-season games started .

As far as Cutler goes , every interview I've heard or seen has his stock falling just as fast as BC's is rising . The consensus is that there is no doubt Croyle will go before Cutler . Also , the list you have will be far from accurate as far as order(trades etc.) by the time the draft actually gets here .

My guess is that if some team were to grab him in the late-1st or , trade up to try to get him , I don't believe any of us would "slash our wrists" . We would all be pleasantly surprised but , there are others who might fall out from shock . As for me , I would be quite surprised . I would also be very happy . :tongue:

RTR!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

bamabake

Hall of Fame
Jul 25, 2000
waco, tx, USA
blackumbrella said:
calm down. i hope brodie does well in the nfl, i just don't see it. as for the no way in hell first round prediction, that has more to do with the teams and their needs than brodie. teams in the early part of round 1 are going to fill needs; qb-wise the 3rd will be cutler to the dolphins at 16. after that the teams largely have solid qb situations--otherwise they wouldn't be in the top half of nfl teams.

19-Chargers: need ot

20-Chiefs: still need d. probably dt

21-Pats: why would they take bc?

22-Broncos: will need te and wr after dumping big contracts

24-Bengals: why take anything other than d

25-Giants: manninig

26-Bears: not strong at qb but have two potential starters

27-Panthers: jake

28-Jags: byron

29-Broncos: again, i think they'll go wr or te with their two 1st rounders, but i guess it's not impossible that they'd look to replace snake.

30-Colts: do i have to explain it?

31-Seahawks: think alexander is overrated and won't pay him, will draft a rb

32-Pittsburgh: yeah right

of course, we could always see a trade scenario. tell you what. we'll bet a beer on it and if you're ever in the city or i'm ever in the gump we'll settle up.
The fins might take Brodie. Cutler will be gone IMO.

TideratVandy

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 15, 2004
LCN said:
Blackumbrella ,

I don't think BC goes in the 1st either . It just seemed as if you were saying he'd be lucky if he was still on a roster by the time pre-season games started .

As far as Cutler goes , every interview I've heard or seen has his stock falling just as fast as BC's is rising . The consensus is that there is no doubt Croyle will go before Cutler . Also , the list you have will be far from accurate as far as order(trades etc.) by the time the draft actually gets here .

My guess is that if some team were to grab him in the late-1st or , trade up to try to get him , I don't believe any of us would "slash our wrists" . We would all be pleasantly surprised but , there are others who might fall out from shock . As for me , I would be quite surprised . I would also be very happy . :tongue:

RTR!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
Umm...everything I have read about Cutler talks about him being way underrated. Go read Mortenson's article on ESPN. He talks about how he thinks Cutler is the best QB in the draft. He also states that many scouts have been making up negative things about him to try and decrease his value so they can snag him later in the first round. Cutler will be a top 10 pick for sure IMO.

As for Croyle, it is good to see him doing really well. In fact Kiper said he thought he was the best QB at the senior bowl, though most others still believe it is Cutler. Croyle will probably be a second rounder which I think is really good considering his injury problems and his size.

blackumbrella

Suspended
Nov 9, 2004
dominican harlem
bamabake said:
The fins might take Brodie. Cutler will be gone IMO.
i don't see him going up there top 4 or 5 with leinart, bush, young, williams, and ferguson. but then there are teams like arizona, oakland, buffalo, detroit, who could be tempted by cutler for sure. fins are tough to call. they definitely need a qb, but i see them either trying to move up for cutler, if it looks like he'll be gone, or making a move for a fa like brees.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
It's nice to see that the opinions of the "experts" seem to vary just as much as ours . Just yesterday a guest on "Finebaum" , who had been to all the practices , said the consensus among NFL scouts was that CROYLE was OBVIOUSLY the best QB there . BC WILL play in the NFL way before being someone that gets cut at mini-camp . He'll prabably go mid-second , which doesn't set it in stone that he will make it(see:akili smith) but , the odds are definately with him .

Apologies in advance to the "clip-board" crew .

RTR!!!!!!

Last edited:

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
blackumbrella said:
I am praying that he is still on the board when we get our pick. I have said before that he is the perfect replacement for Brooks in this Buc's defense. They love taking smart, fast, linebackers, that fly to the ball and he fits this mold perfectly, plus he will be under no pressure to start immediatley and can learn from some of the best in the business. Ande selfishly I would love to have him in Tampa Bay on Sundays.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.