Good to be home...

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
Just got back from a two week fishing trip/vacation from Alaska. It was a great trip, and if you can ever make it out there, GO! It was awesome, but it is great to be back home. I got some bad news when I got back though, my great uncle passed on, and the funeral is Monday. RTR

JoJoforHeisman

All-American
Dec 7, 2000
Birmingham
diamondtide.tidefans.com
Sorry to hear about your family's loss and you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

What part of Alaska did you travel to and what were you fishing for? I have never been, but did go fishing in northwest Ontario a couple years ago and had a great time. Though the fishing is obviously a lot different than what you probably did in Alaska, it was fun to catch something besides your basic bass, bream, or catfish. We flew in on a float plane and stayed at a cabin on a lake 80 miles from the nearest power line for about a week. No matter the weather, you could pretty much catch walleye and pike all day long, with an occasional yellow perch (the lake was actually too far north to catch muskie). If you cook what you catch, you can't beat walleye.

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
We were on a Holland America Cruise out of Vancouver for the first part. Then we traveled through Southeast Alaska, up through the Yukon, and then back to Anchorage. We fished for King Salmon, Dolly Varden, Rainbow Trout, and Grayling.

The funeral was today. My uncle was burried with full military honors, and it was a very moving ceremony. I was asked to be an honorary Pallbearer, which meant a lot to me. He lived in Memphis, so I didn't get to visit him that much. You don't really know how much you love someone until they are gone.

I'll miss you Uncle Deacon.....

RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.