Recruiting Question

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
Why isn't the Wide Receiver from Homewood being recruited by anyone? He has broken almost every record and is supposedly very intereted.

Anybody with some help?

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
Can't remember, but there was a write up on him in the paper last week. They said he was fantastic and wanted to go to Bama, but he wasn't being recruited.

By the way, why aren't we recruiting Rich Wingo's kid either? He's supposed to be a real stud and obviously wanted to come to Bama but from my sources (and they are very reliable) we're not even talking to him.

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
Do you know Bama only has 19 scholarships? It tends to cut down on the people Bama can actually recruit. If he really wants to go to Alabama he will walk on and earn a scholarship.

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
Of course I know how many scholarships Bama has to offer, but from my experience we've NEVER shunned a legacy! Not to point out the blatantly obvious, but (and I'm not bashing him) we wouldn't have offered Brandon Avalos a scholarship had he not been Rodney Orr's son! I'm a fan of Brandon's, but that's a fact.

Again, in my memory we have never shunned a Legacy!

You must have a short memory. Think of Dwight Stephenson's kid. I'm pretty sure he wasn't offered by XCDF and ended up signing with Notre Dame.

Legacy, schmegacy. I don't care if a kid is the love child of Coach Bryant. If he's not good enough, he's not good enough. 40 years ago, when Coach Bryant could sign literally 100 players every year, maybe they could afford to sign a "legacy". With the scholarship limits, especially with only being able to sign 19, frankly, Bama can't afford any legacy players unless they can flat out play (e.g. Simeon Castille, Aaron Johns).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.