Brodie and #12/ Brodie 1 for 1 14yds (merged)

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Just looked at the Chiefs roster and #12 Crappy Thorpe is missing, assumed cut. Another assumption that Brodie will make it through the weekend cos the only other QB on the roster is Printers who will be cut. Therefore, I am sure he will be able to get the #12 if no more established player wants it.;)

cooleddie

1st Team
Jul 27, 2003
pensacola,fl
He just threw an interception, but it wasn't his fault. The receiver short armed it over the middle and tipped it back to a defender. Even the commentator said that it was a great throw, but the receiver short armed it. Sad thing is that kind of stuff doesn't show on the stat book.

cooleddie

1st Team
Jul 27, 2003
pensacola,fl
Poor dude just got nailed again, however this time a personal foul was called for helmet to helmet contact on the QB. Man, he takes some shots.

..and he just had another receiver drop a about a 8 yard hitch pass. It was nice pass right in his chest that just bounced right off. Brodie just can't catch a break.

...dang, now another interception, but it didn't count do to illegal contact by the defender.

...he completed a nice 8 yard pass on either a hitch or out route.

...flushed out of the pocket and looked good running to the sideline and dove head first stretching to get the ball on the first down marker. a great effort and he looked rather mobile. came up about a half a yard short

Last edited:

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Random thoughts:

Sounds like Brody made a decent adjustment from his first game to his second.

His stats were probably misleading because he was throwing to backup wideouts who seemed to have the same trouble with his ball speed as we have had for years at Alabama.

His only intererception thrown was on a bad play by the reciever. Trust me that non-stat is something the KC staff is looking at with extreme delight because NOTHING kills you more than turnovers and its the #1 thing that prevents most rookie QB's from making it in the NFL. Note Brody got points again on one of his drives. thats another big factor that doesn't show up on the stats sheet.

I think injury set him back and has probably cost him his shot at the #2 spot for now, I think he and Huard aren't that far apart. Huard is probably as good as he will get while Brody has a tramendous upside.

I sincerely hope that Trent Green plays through the year without injury. I think by this time next year Brody will be ready to take control of the #2 spot and be ready to step in should Green go down or should the Chiefs have to cut him due to salary cap reasons. I realize some guys look good right out of the box but for most QB's it takes several years, I'd say nobody has played better than Jake Delhome in the last several years and he snuck into the NFL unnoticed.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.