Is Auburn recruiting in-state?

TampaJim

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Tampa, FL, USA
The short answer is YES. As many of you know, the standard party line at "The Jungle" has been that Alabama is getting early commitments from in-state players that were not recruited by Auburn. They also say that the in-state talent is down this year, so Auburn is expanding their recruiting base to get the blue-chippers.

The evidence does not support this party line. To wit, here are the players named to Tom Culpepper's "Alabama Top 35" list that are being actively recruited by Auburn and Alabama:

AUBURN and ALABAMA -

Jason Allen (offers)
Grant Brigham (offers)
Chris Browder (Ala commit)
Dan Burks
Ben Grubbs (offer from Ala; also LSU, UAB)
Lance Hamilton
Tommy Jackson (offer from Aub; also LSU, UAB)
Lawrence Lilly
Nick Luke
Chauncey Malone (offers)
Ben Obomanu (offers)
Montavious Pitts (offers)
Titus Ryan (offers)
Henry Smith (offers)
Kyle Tatum (Ala commit)

AUBURN only -

Brandon Cox (offer; also offers from LSU, Duke, NCSt, UAB, Vandy)
Will Herring (offer; also offers from MTSU, UAB)
Kevin Sears (offer; brother of Colin Sears)

ALABAMA only -

Brandon Avalos (Ala commit; also offers from Nebr, VaTech, Purdue)
Jeremy Clark (offer; also offers from LSU, SoMiss, UT)
Kenneth Darby (Ala commit; also offers from Ole Miss, LSU, N'western)
Juwan Garth (Ala commit)
Chris Harris (Ala commit; also offers from LSU, others)
Ernest Nance (offer; also offers from Ark, Ole Miss, UAB)
Ramzee Robinson (Ala commit)

Of the remaining prospects, Culpepper reports that Tyrone Martin, Byron Oliver, and Trevis O'Neal camped at Auburn. Also, Chris Crumpton, Ronnie Elliot, Tyrone Hicks, Graeme McFarland, and Matt Pierce reported camping at Alabama.

I think that this "analysis" establishes that Auburn is not "conceding" the State of Alabama. It also establishes that Auburn and Alabama ARE recruiting some of the same players.

FWIW... RTR!

TampaJim

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Tampa, FL, USA
Not that I'm aware of.

Cox is an excellent QB prospect, but it does not appear likely that he will get an offer from Alabama. Coach Fran is looking for more athletic QBs and Cox is more of a pocket passer.

I realize that is more than you asked for, but I was anticipating a follow up question from someone. (g)

RTR!

BamaSkins

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Brookside, Al, USA
TampaJim, I was looking awbarns commit list and only 5 of 14 commitments are from Alabama

Lilly TE
Martin LB
Mix WR resign from last year
Sears LB
Ward OL

the rest of their's is from Ga, Fla, NC and La

I love it! I hope wingnut continues to overlook Alabama HS players...

taylor

Oct 23, 2001
tuscaloosa
4.18/40! I'm not sure Carl Lewis ran a 4.18/40!! Ryan is a speedster no doubt,which brings up a good point, how factual are the 40 times? The ncaa record for 100 meters(or109yds) is 10.03, if my math is right- and trust me when i say I stink at math! the ncaa record holders' time in the 40 would be 4.24, how many kids really ran a 4.3 or under?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.