brodie for heisman

Bamafanman

All-SEC
Oct 12, 1999
Pensacola, FL
Good attitude, but some here don't even think he's gonna start. I think he will though of course, just think he was hurt and our O-Line with no audibles sucked last year.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Let's put the individual awards and accolades aside for right now. Let's go out and have a great winning season as a team THEN we'll hand out individual awards.....

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
Very, very premature. In fact maybe unwarranted. Brodie needs to help himself this year and get rid of the ball quickly. If he can improve on accuracy we could add at least 7 points a game.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
How about Brodie having a reasonable amount of time to get rid of the ball before running for his life.

------------------
"I left Texas A&M because my school called me. Mama called, and when Mama calls, then you just have to come running." - The Bear, once the most but still the best!

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA
I'll have whatever you're drinkin.'

Honestly, I love your enthusiasm and support, but let's be realstic, too. I know Brodie was hurt much of last year and ran for his life much of the rest of the season. But he made some incredibly stupid errors that Im sure he will learn from. Bottom line ... he still has a long way to go before he starts accumulating hardware.

SaintDeuce

2nd Team
Oct 16, 2003
pensacola, FL
How about 215-360 for 2600 w/ 25 TDs and 11 INTs. That's as good as this guy's season will get.

One thing that Brody absolutely has going for him is DEEP SPEED BABY. We've got 4 guys who run sub-4.5 40s in Caddell, Carter, Brooks, and Prothro. The problem is, well, in order for these guys to get downfield the Offensive Line has to block, and let's face it, we haven't had a good blocking offensive line in...yeah.

Please, Coach Shula, we know how much you love the quarterback position...TEACH THESE GUYS HOW TO BLOCK. We have a scrawny 200 lb QB back there, the man needs all the help he can get.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
And Freddie Kitchens for QB coach. Freddie never learned much while at the Capstone, but he got a Ph.D in how to take a hit. That will be a skill that is going to come in mighty handy for Brodie and the rest of the QB core this year.

Anyone hear of "lookout" blocking? That's when the lineman stands up and shouts "LOOK OUT" to the QB and his assigned defender blasts past him. From what I have heard we may see a lot of lookout blocking this year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Some posters like to tread close to the line, with an occasional step over. Personal attacks on players or coaches will not be permitted, no matter how veiled. I've been aware of a certain post, and, seeing the reaction to it, I've decided to remove it. Unfortunately, that means I have to remove the posts responding or referencing it...

[This message has been edited by TIDE-HSV (edited 04-06-2004).]

[This message has been edited by TIDE-HSV (edited 04-06-2004).]

How many great Alabama quarterbacks would want to be judged by their freshman and sophomore years only?

Take away Stabler, Namath, Starr,
Rutledge, Todd and Trammel's last two years and see how much is missing. A bunch!

Brodie's still way earlier in his career for Heisman's but more importantly

GOODLIFE47

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 17, 2003
N.E., AL
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that Brodie injured his shoulder making a tackle on an int. he threw early in the season. Was it a smart move to try and make that tackle?....in my opinion, NO, but it was a TEAM move to try to save a touchdown! How many of us can say we wouldn't have done the same if we were in that situation with his experience?
I say cut the kid some slack and let's support him unless he proves unworthy....which I don't believe will happen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.