Recruiting questions

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Titus Ryan - will he be a sign & place or partial qualifier? I'd love for him to come to Bama.

Osborne & Wynn - both are still expressing interest. Would we have room for both of them since Ken Darby has verbaled?

Number of scholarships this year - how many?

Is Pope wavering a bit on commitment?

thanks

[This message has been edited by TexasBama (edited December 14, 2001).]

taylor

Oct 23, 2001
tuscaloosa
I think we will sign 21, but 4 of those will
not get into school. And Ryan would be one of those going to JrC or a prep school. I think Henry Smith, the big Dlineman from Aliceville, is another one headed to JrC that we will sign.

RTRinNC

Scout Team
Nov 24, 2000
Shelby, NC
I agree with Taylor on the numbers, with maybe the exception of Smith, who I think has a reasonable chance of qualifying.

IMO, Pope is "solid"....if any verbal is "solid". Think UArk is pretty much out of the picture.

I believe we would "make a place" for Wynn, although, as you note, we are "flush" with RB's. Because of the numbers, wouldn't be surprised to see Farmer given a serious look at WR. Definitely has the speed.

RTR!!!

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Ryan still has a chance to qualify but it would be a long shot. I expect him to be a sign-and-place.

If we have room for Wynn, we'll take him. Taking two RBs isn't out of the realm of possibility. I don't know whethr Osborne has a firm offer or not.

We have 17 scholarships to give this year.

I believe Pope will sign with us on signing day. His commitment isn't as ironclad, IMO, as Darby's and Robinson's, but it's still pretty solid.

------------------
Jess Nicholas
Editor-In-Chief
TideFans.com

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.