The NFL Live Crew really believes Saban is coming...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
No sources or rumors, they just believe that Saban finds the Alabama job more attractive than the NFL and he is just taking the night to compose himself and make sure he is making the right life-changing decision.

eclipse0526

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 29, 2005
NFL Live: Talking heads believe Saban to Alabama

I just caught the first 5 minutes of NFL Live on ESPN and the talking heads there all believe it's a 'done deal' and that there's no reason for delaying the announcement other than respect for WH...

Personally, I want to see CNS at the podium before I rest easy...

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Major love for Bama from Sean Saulsbury (or however you spell it).
Yeah. He called Alabama one of the best jobs in football. A place where you should be fired if you don't win 9 games because kids will line up to play for you. Don't know if I'll go that far, but with Saban...I'd expect some 9+ wins seasons in our future. He really just flat-out gushed about our job comparing Saban coming to Bama potentially to what Carroll has at USC.

AdamMc2003

1st Team
Dec 14, 2005
i have been laughing at ESPN all day...

ok, 2 weeks ago when Saban said "I will not be the head coach at Alabama"... ESPN mocked us saying that "Alabama can't get a Nick Saban, he is too high of a caliber of coach"... they talked about how Alabama wasn't a top-15 program anymore and how we needed to get a Jimbo Fisher or equivalent coach...

Now here we are a week later, it seems as though Saban is leaning toward Alabama and they are all "see, told you alabama is still a top notch program!"

I also liked how they said our job wasn't a "high profile job" but its ALL they talk about, when you have pro teams looking for coaches and all you can talk about is that nobody school in the middle of Alabama, that should tell you something...

what is up with that???

Last edited:

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA

ok, 2 weeks ago when Saban said "I will not be the head coach at Alabama"... ESPN mocked us saying that "Alabama can't get a Nick Saban, he is too high of a caliber of coach"... they talked about how Alabama wasn't a top-15 program anymore and how we needed to get a Jimbo Fisher or equivalent coach...

Now here we are a week later, it seems as though Saban is leaning toward Alabama and they are all "see, told you alabama is still a top notch program!"

what is up with that???
They go whichever way the wind blows...

DThomas17

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2006
Huntsville, Al

what is up with that???
they are idiots

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Yeah. He called Alabama one of the best jobs in football. A place where you should be fired if you don't win 9 games because kids will line up to play for you. Don't know if I'll go that far, but with Saban...I'd expect some 9+ wins seasons in our future. He really just flat-out gushed about our job comparing Saban coming to Bama potentially to what Carroll has at USC.
I've posted before that we're one "Pete Carroll" or in this case "Nick Saban" away from a SEC and National Title run. I still say we win the west in 2007.

crimsonsteeler

Aug 30, 2006
That's nice and all but Salisbury is the biggest blowhard of all the NFL talking heads. Good call by Herbstreit with the "big enough ego" comment. That's exactly what we need to keep the armchair/big pocket coaches at bay. Saban's a pretty thick skinned guy too.

HavenTide

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 11, 2006
Winter Haven. FL
two weeks ago, didn't all of us think Saban was out of the question too? I know I did....now I'm thinking differently (I actually think he will take the job)....same thing with the ESPN guys

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.