Saban comes and they fall in line!(a slight summary of thought)

Crimson Pig

1st Team
Nov 29, 2004
Now, maybe I don't know much about the coaches that Saban has hired, but it seems that once Saban got here Alabama went from "not a great job" for various reasons to a job that apparently assistant coaches are willing to take. From what I've read about the various coaches, they were all very very good at whatever they did prior to coming here. It's like we've got an all-star staff ready to go for next year. Doesn't it seem like Saban could, within REASON, get whoever he wanted? Also, I hope some of this falls over to recruiting and we land people that were, otherwise, not on the list under Shula. Thoughts on this nice series of hirings and events?

Fishhead

All-SEC
Dec 8, 2006
Purvis, MS
Now, maybe I don't know much about the coaches that Saban has hired, but it seems that once Saban got here Alabama went from "not a great job" for various reasons to a job that apparently assistant coaches are willing to take. From what I've read about the various coaches, they were all very very good at whatever they did prior to coming here. It's like we've got an all-star staff ready to go for next year. Doesn't it seem like Saban could, within REASON, get whoever he wanted? Also, I hope some of this falls over to recruiting and we land people that were, otherwise, not on the list under Shula. Thoughts on this nice series of hirings and events?
He hasn't gotten everyone he tried to get so far. :conf2:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Yes. Is that the only person he tried to get? He didn't get Jimbo Fisher, and he didn't get Jeff Brohm. All I'm saying is he hasn't just stepped in and had people falling all over themselves to work for him.
Saban got Applewhite. Didn't LSU make him an offer too?

TurningTide

1st Team
Dec 17, 2004
Yes. Is that the only person he tried to get? He didn't get Jimbo Fisher, and he didn't get Jeff Brohm. All I'm saying is he hasn't just stepped in and had people falling all over themselves to work for him.
Refer back to the line that you bolded in the orginal quote. It states he gets who he wants within reason. Was it very reasonable to think that Jimbo would come to Tuscaloosa to coach under Saban instead of going to FSU and being next in line for head coach within the next 5 years or so? Not really. It would have been NICE for us, but not very logical for him.

But, you know, whatever helps you sleep at night I guess...

Last edited:

Fishhead

All-SEC
Dec 8, 2006
Purvis, MS
Refer back to the line that you bolded in the orginal quote. It states he gets who he wants within reason. Was it very reasonable to think that Jimbo would come to Tuscaloosa to coach under Saban instead of going to FSU and being next in line for head coach within the next 5 years or so? Not really. It would have been NICE for us, but not very logical for him.

But, you know, whatever helps you sleep at night I guess...
I could've said the same thing about the thread title.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He didn't get Fisher, but did he even offer Brohm? I know he spoke with him but didn't hear that he had ever offered...

Fishhead

All-SEC
Dec 8, 2006
Purvis, MS
Can you not see the difference in the talent interested in coming to Bama to work for/learn from Saban? Come on. His presence helps enormously...
Of course it does! Wait til you see how it helps on the sidelines on gameday! He's a great coach, but that being said, nothing I've said is inaccurate. Not everyone is going to jump from wherever they are to join up with Saban...in fact, a lot of people wouldn't wnat to. I think Jimbo interviewed just to pressure FSU. On paper, it doesn't look like he got more money by doing so, but I bet he got what he wanted promised to him. That's all I'm saying-They DON"T just "fall in line".

You should know better than most on this board that Nick Saban is not an easy man to work for. If all the coaches for some reason did want to coach for Nick Saban, I would have serious concerns about Alabama. It is not cut and dry and its not basic from a planning stand point.

He is the most driven coach I have seen since Coach Stallings. Jimbo left for FSU in an effort to land that job after diddy departs. Smart move on his part. Fisher wants to be a head coach and at a program with BCS possibilites. Jimbo knows what he is doing.

As far as Saban getting his staff. He is doing just that. Stop reading all the common-taters thoughts. Its not healthy.

Coach Saban is a complex individual. That has been mentioned on this site several times. I would not read anything into what a sports burp puts out.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
You should know better than most on this board that Nick Saban is not an easy man to work for. If all the coaches for some reason did want to coach for Nick Saban, I would have serious concerns about Alabama. It is not cut and dry and its not basic from a planning stand point.

He is the most driven coach I have seen since Coach Stallings. Jimbo left for FSU in an effort to land that job after diddy departs. Smart move on his part. Fisher wants to be a head coach and at a program with BCS possibilites. Jimbo knows what he is doing.

As far as Saban getting his staff. He is doing just that. Stop reading all the common-taters thoughts. Its not healthy.
Coach Saban is a complex individual. That has been mentioned on this site several times. I would not read anything into what a sports burp puts out.
Rival fans have reached a predetermined conclusion (that of course is fact ;) ) and are going back sifting through information, throwing out the stuff that hurts their predetermined conclusion and keeping that information that supports it.

We do the same.

Last edited:

dabaxter

1st Team
Nov 15, 2004
What is the point of this? How many folks are lining up to be the OC at LSU? Not too many.

If you really want to hurl stones, let's see how recruiting goes over the next couple of years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.