Ryan Boschetti?

RTR, he would be a HUGE catch for Bama and I didn't even know he was thinking about visiting. I wonder if now since Johnson has signed with UCF that that makes Bama more attractive. Personally, while I thought that Demarcus Johnson was impressive from what I'd read, I am VERY impressed with Boschetti. I would love to see him at Bama.

By the way, I checked on www.jcfootball.com and he hasn't even committed anywhere. I guess if he hasn't, Bama could still land him.

[This message has been edited by TiderinVA (edited December 20, 2001).]

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Boschetti was supposed to have visited earlier but didn't make it, from what I understand. I haven't heard much linking him to us since.

Also, even though I think he's a good prospect, I think we may have a little bit of over-hyping going on here.

Jess

RTRinNC

Scout Team
Nov 24, 2000
Shelby, NC
Thanks Jess and TiderinVA.

I guess after the Johnson "thing", I was kind of looking around for some other "possibles".

There was some talk that Bama has backed off Boschetti a little for the reasons that you mention Jess.

Certainly not ready to push any panic buttons yet, but would feel more comfortable if we could land another true DT.

RTR!

PS - TiderinVA, I lived in Charlottesville for 4 years. Great country up your way, despite UVa. Just never could trust a mascot who wore leotards and a hat with a plume. <G>

RTR, my dad went to Virginia Tech as did a lot of my friends from HS. As such, I feel kind of compelled to pull for the Hokies. I also like Frank Beamer and the style of ball they play. However, since their mascot is a turkey, it's not much better than Mr Leotards.

Jess, I realize that there is a difference between JC ball and SEC football and that there have been quite a few jc guys that didn't pan out. However, you have to admit 15 1/2 sacks as a DT is a very gaudy stat. I trust Coach Fran knows what he's doing and I defer to his judgement. If Boschetti is not a good fit, so be it. There are other juco DTs out there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.