Going to The Who concert tonight

HoosierTide

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2006
my 16 year old sister went tuesday and taunted me by calling me every time a good song was played.....i was teased with baba o'riley, won't get fooled again, behind blue eyes, pinball wizard etc.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I'm paying $80 each for two seats in the upper concourse (all they had left by the time I got a commitment from my niece).

I'm not a big fan legislating against every irritance, but someone must stop the labeling of the additional $29.20 a "convenience charge." That is the cruelest of all terminology. It ought to be called a "monopoly fee." Damn Ticketmaster!;)

I

It's On A Slab

I'm paying $80 each for two seats in the upper concourse (all they had left by the time I got a commitment from my niece).

I'm not a big fan legislating against every irritance, but someone must stop the labeling of the additional $29.20 a "convenience charge." That is the cruelest of all terminology. It ought to be called a "monopoly fee." Damn Ticketmaster!;)
Sometimes you are able to go around Ticketmaster by going down to the venue and purchasing the ticket there.

By the time you pay Ticketmaster their monopoly fees, a $24.50 ticket turns into a $50 ticket.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Sometimes you are able to go around Ticketmaster by going down to the venue and purchasing the ticket there.

By the time you pay Ticketmaster their monopoly fees, a $24.50 ticket turns into a $50 ticket.
Yeah, I thought about that. But, when I calculated the time and cost to get into downtown DC ...... maybe "convenience charge" isn't as much of a misnomer after all.;) Oh, well. All in I'm paying almost $200. This better be good.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Well, half The Who past their prime still kick butt. What a great concert! They played for about 2.5 hours with two encores. There's no substitue for good music played by talented musicians. What a concept, right? No sampling, no drum machines, no record scratching, no aerobics on stage.

As I told my 15-year old niece, "This is real rock music." She was blown away by the experience.

In sum, the kids are all right. ;)

I

It's On A Slab

Well, half The Who past their prime still kick butt. What a great concert! They played for about 2.5 hours with two encores. There's no substitue for good music played by talented musicians. What a concept, right? No sampling, no drum machines, no record scratching, no aerobics on stage.

As I told my 15-year old niece, "This is real rock music." She was blown away by the experience.

I'll put you down in the Don't Like Linkin Park category.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN

Thanks for the update. I've watched the 2006 Lyon Concert several times in HD...great stuff.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I saw them about 5 or 6 years ago when they came through Tampa on their first reunion tour. Easily one of the top 3 worst shows I have ever seen. Afterwards, I sincerely wished that their "Farewell Tour" of circa about '82 or so was indeed just that. There are a lot of bands that can pull it off well past their prime. In my opinion The Who is not one of them. I would prefer to remember them as they were, not as they are.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.