Eligibility of 2007 Recruits

OCtide

3rd Team
Aug 15, 2006
Irvine, CA
When can we expect to start hearing the definitive word on the eligibility of some of our 2007 recruits that are 'on the edge' in terms of qualifying. Guys like Davis, Murphy, Ricks, Griffen.

I hope they all make it, Davis, Murphy and Ricks certainly have a chance to see the field this year. Griffen might too with McClain and Castille gone.

BamaNTN

1st Team
Feb 5, 2002
Birmingham via Winchester, TN
There won't be a definitive word until fall practice begins. News should trickle in by mid to late summer. You'll usually hear that a guy IS qualified. If nobody knows or has heard if a guy has qualified or not, then most of the time, but not always, that means he didn't.

Some guys still may have a chance to take some summer courses if the calendar school year itself wasn't long enough for them to turn things around. So, it will be a while.

Last edited:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Davis- so close that a good semester would put him in. From what I gathered it was like a .1 on his GPA or 1 point on the ACT

Murphy- some say no chance, some say (including him) he'll make it. Not sure on specifics.

Griffin- see Murphy comments

Ricks- see Murphy comments

Hanks- have heard he needed a little work

skope

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 25, 2007
Davis- so close that a good semester would put him in. From what I gathered it was like a .1 on his GPA or 1 point on the ACT

Murphy- some say no chance, some say (including him) he'll make it. Not sure on specifics.

Griffin- see Murphy comments

Ricks- see Murphy comments

Hanks- have heard he needed a little work
Thanks RTO, You and the other Mods are the reason I come here everyday to see what is going on.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.