Question

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BAMAHD

All-American
Sep 20, 2003
B,ham Al
I found this on another board,Is it legal to send a private plane to pickup recruits?

I pulled this off of an article I found on www.al.com

Hinds gets VIP treatment: Southaven free safety Greg Hinds wasn't so hot on Auburn's offer to fly him in on a private jet for his official visit.
Hinds eventually agreed and flew down for last month's Alabama game. It was his first time in a plane.

"At first I didn't want to do it, but (Southaven coach Calvin Aldridge) talked me into it," said the 6-2, 220-pound Hinds, rated by Rivals.com as the nation's No. 6 athlete prospect. "I was nervous - the plane kept shaking - but it was fun."

Hinds said his top four choices are Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and the U of M.

BAMAHD

All-American
Sep 20, 2003
B,ham Al
He flew to auburn on a private jet.It either has to be auburns or a unnamed bankers jet.
Just asking a guestion i don't know the NCAA rules on how a school can recruit a player?

tideomega

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2002
Birmingham Al.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BAMAHD:
He flew to auburn on a private jet.It either has to be auburns or a unnamed bankers jet.
Just asking a guestion i don't know the NCAA rules on how a school can recruit a player?
</font>

tideomega

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2002
Birmingham Al.
Sorry HD, I'm new to sending messages and all that stuff, I even have gotten red-faced and thumbs -down and told a few other things and I thought we are on the same side and you are not the person that I'm talking about, but I did find out from a sportswriter from the Mobile Register that it is legal for a recruit to fly on a schools jet or who evers jet. Just wanted to let you no if you haven't already heard.

ROLL TIDE BAMAHD and have a Great Christmas Holiday and New Year......

TC...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.