Bryant-Denny

tider04

Scout Team
Apr 13, 2004
wake forest, nc , usa
Hey guys....maybe someone can help me out who knows alot about BDS. I'm in an (eternal) argument with my brother in law(huge uga fan) about everything...but now we are talking about our stadiums. He was ticked when I told him we were expanding BDS and would then have the 2nd largest stadium in the sec. Then he says our stadium is an "errector-set" stadium like fsu's and not a "real stadium" like theirs. Can anyone tell me what the heck an erector-set stadium is..and if BDS is one? RTR!!

BamaZone

1st Team
May 22, 2003
montgomery al
tider04,
With all due respect, if you do not know the capacity of SEC seating or about the expansion of BDS, or "errector-set" stadiums, with your UGA brother-in-law, I suggest you go to UGA boards.

And then report to us what you find-about!

tider04

Scout Team
Apr 13, 2004
wake forest, nc , usa
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BamaZone:
tider04,
With all due respect, if you do not know the capacity of SEC seating or about the expansion of BDS, or "errector-set" stadiums, with your UGA brother-in-law, I suggest you go to UGA boards.

And then report to us what you find-about!
</font>
Zone...I know all about sec stadium seating and about the new expansion...which by my calculations will give us the 2nd largest stadium in the sec. However, I have never heard of an "errector-set" stadium. Since you seem to be a know it all...why don't you educate us all??

CBag4Bama

1st Team
Sep 22, 2002
Birmingham, AL
I can remember having an erector set as a child .. just a bunch of pieces of metal and nuts and bolts .. your bro in law was probably trying to cut down the stadium.

BIGBAM

Suspended
Nov 25, 2003
I vote for the house that the Bear built. No comparison. As for the opposition;"tis another forced opportunity for mans worst friend to play catch up as usual".

IHateUT

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Knoxville, TN
"Erector Set Stadium" = open steel gurder support system.

I have been to UGA and B-D. UGA does have a nice stadium, but stick 90,000 UGA fans in there with attitudes like you brother-in-law's and it gets ugly real quick.

A quote I'll never forget from the UGA fan that sat in front of me:

"We don't have to recruit anymore. We pick whoever the hell we want. It's nice to have that now."

That's priceless...

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
I could care less what your brother-in-law says about BD...what matters is wins and losses and although they are certainly on top at the moment, over time we've been there MUCH, MUCH more.

I do have respect for most UGA fans as I think overall they have a good fan base. However, idiots like your brother-in-law who don't know what they're talking about tick me off.

Lastly, why don't you invite him to register here and explain to all of us exactly what he means by his comment and what that has to do with anything. If I'm not mistaken Legion Field is built the exact same way as BDS and so is Neyland Stadium...does that somehow diminish the accomplishments of the team that plays there? His comment is akin to saying that I'm dumb and you're ugly and I can study!

------------------
The Bus to our future is driven by Coach Mike Shula...Get on board or be left behind!

--Me

TerryP

Suspended
Oct 8, 1999
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IHateUT:
A quote I'll never forget from the UGA fan that sat in front of me:

"We don't have to recruit anymore. We pick whoever the hell we want. It's nice to have that now."

That's priceless...
</font>
Price-less is right!! Although, not as true as they would like to think considering how many players in the state of Georgia were not only camping here this summer but expressing a lot of interest in playing for the Tide.

FSU's stadium, Doak Campbell, is a little differnt than most schools beacuse its all metal stands with beams that hold it up. Back in the days you could see all the way through it beacuse it was all open and exposed. But now, its out of control and nice. Better than UGA's. Theirs is just a stadium with a freak 3rd upper deck. FSU's is like a minature city. Soon, BDS will be awesome and verrrry pleasing to look at. Tell him to give you two years and and it won't even be a conversation between you and your UGA friend.

tider04

Scout Team
Apr 13, 2004
wake forest, nc , usa
thanks guys...I thought he was full of it. He's a nice guy, but he is just obsessed with uga football...he gets irritated b/c no matter what he says...he can't argue with all of our championships...so the only thing he has left is to say their stadium is better. Some of our emails get bloody...lol....maybe I'll post some of them for your amusement. RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.