Trial Date Set

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Trial date has been set for the Cottrell, Williams vs NCAA, T. Culpepper, T. Yeager, R. Johannigmeirlier.

LINK

Wonder is smokey is getting nervous?

[This message has been edited by bayoutider (edited 07-02-2004).]

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TiderinMiss:
What's the story with Rich Hiliard? Is he the attorney from Ice Miller? I can't remember.</font>
Rich Hilliard was the Ice Miller att. that represented Alabama in the NCAA hearing. Rich has some health problems which may be a reason he is being dropped from the suit. It could also be that Gallion's team is letting go of those who carry less responsibility. So far Gallion has released Paul Finebaum, Gene Marsh, Marie Robbins and probably in the next few days Rich Hilliard will be released. All these people have contributed in one way or another to Gallion's case against those left on the list.

GOODLIFE47

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 17, 2003
N.E., AL
I agree it does seem to string things out but I believe the article mentions that both parties feel they should be ready for the discovery phase by spring of 2005. So, I take that to mean there's a heck of a lot of work still to be done.

------------------
RTR

TENNTIDE1

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Bartlett, Tn. U.S.A.
Since it will take almost a year to go to trial, does that mean that others could be added to the suit. Mountain said they decided not to add others so they could try to get a sooner trial date.

If they added others, would they have to reset the trial date again?

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
While the trial date isn't as early as we had hoped, it does give Team Cottrell time to overcome the various delaying tactics that the nazis will surely use.

The wheels of justice crawl slowly!

bobmack12champs

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Florence, Al. USA
I heard Gallion on Finebaum a couple of months ago and he said there could be more added but but that it would only prolong the trial date....says he wants to move on.

------------------
"Doctors bury their mistake, I have to feed mine 4 years!"......Bear bryant

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.