Early season games

MajorOgilvieFan

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 4, 2003
Lake Mary, FL.
You have Texas A&M @ Utah....I believe a night game. Remember last year/ A&M won late in the game by like 2 points or something like that. Last year, Utah kept improving under their 1st year coach, ending 10-2. They have 15 starters returning from last year, including their QB. This should be a good game (IMO). Utah upsets A&M!
Another good one is going to be Memphis @ Ole Miss. Ole Miss (as we all know) lost their Manning. Memphis has a ton of returning starters/ talent. Probably not much on an upset here. If I'm not mistaken...aren't these 2 teams a good rivalry matchup? I'd say Memphis takes this one.
There are alot more games we could talk about, but these 2 standout; one as an upset, and the other probably more like a good backyard brawl. Can't wait for football season to start! Roll Tide!

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
I'm in south MS, not north, but I understand that Memphis/UM is something a rivalry due to proximity (about an hour apart) which of course leads to recruiting wars. Plus, Memphis coach Tommy West has long had a pretty serious case of diarrhea mouth, & apparently still does. Should be a good game, as was last year's if memory serves.

I'm ready for FB season!

Of course, the biggest early season game is my son's first as starting LT on his HS team...

------------------
"In short, Alabama fans have plenty to be proud of right now, and plenty to look forward to. And that pride and optimism isn’t only rooted in tangible accomplishment either. A lot of it is rooted in the class and character of the men who lead the program and of the young men who wear that crimson jersey."

Rodney Stanford, Bama Village
http://www.bamavillage.com/bv/article.cfm?articleid=544&

fosterkeats

Banned
Aug 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.thenation.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MajorOgilvieFan:
You have Texas A&M @ Utah....I believe a night game. Remember last year/ A&M won late in the game by like 2 points or something like that. Last year, Utah kept improving under their 1st year coach, ending 10-2. They have 15 starters returning from last year, including their QB. This should be a good game (IMO). Utah upsets A&M!
Another good one is going to be Memphis @ Ole Miss. Ole Miss (as we all know) lost their Manning. Memphis has a ton of returning starters/ talent. Probably not much on an upset here. If I'm not mistaken...aren't these 2 teams a good rivalry matchup? I'd say Memphis takes this one.
There are alot more games we could talk about, but these 2 standout; one as an upset, and the other probably more like a good backyard brawl. Can't wait for football season to start! Roll Tide!
</font>
Utah failed on a 2 pt conversion with :08 left... Fraud called the win "one of the best in his coaching career..."

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fosterkeats:
Utah failed on a 2 pt conversion with :08 left... Fraud called the win "one of the best in his coaching career..."

</font>
Isn't it a shame that vaunted Aggie defense couldn't stop OU.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MajorOgilvieFan:
</font>
I am with you and would love it dearly to see Utah win and Memphis also.

Bring on the season!@!!!

------------------
"May the Tide Be with You"

rtrcam

All-SEC
Sep 23, 2003
Boaz, Alabama, USA
Memphis did beat Ole Miss last year, with Eli Manning on the field. I hope Utah, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Baylor, OK State and whoever else franny's team plays this year completely demolishes the aggies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.