Extra Tide Pride Tickets Avail.

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA
I got an odd call this evening from someone in Tide Pride. She said she had me listed as someone looking for additional tickets and said they had seats available. I told her that my buddy and I were seeking before the year to move our seats together - not looking for extra seats to purchase.

In any case, she explained that they were currently going down the list of all TP members who initially requested extra seats (all in the Upper Deck, BTW) and that if any still remain, the general public/waiting list would have next crack.

Maybe this is irrelevant to the board, but thought I would share, especially for those on a waiting list, or hoping to still score some seats.

DemTide

Scout Team
Jul 4, 2007
Why dont they go down the list of people STILL WAITING to get ANY Tide Pride tickets....I have been on the list for about 3-4 years now, and i dont know if they would get to me or not, but it seems like they should show attention to the people waiting to dish out tons and tons of cash to the university by offering them first dibs on extra tickets to a game here and there. I know that the people already in Tide Pride already dish out the cash, but they also already have tickets to all the games. Heaven Forbid someone get 6 tickets instead of 8.

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA
Why dont they go down the list of people STILL WAITING to get ANY Tide Pride tickets....I have been on the list for about 3-4 years now, and i dont know if they would get to me or not, but it seems like they should show attention to the people waiting to dish out tons and tons of cash to the university by offering them first dibs on extra tickets to a game here and there. I know that the people already in Tide Pride already dish out the cash, but they also already have tickets to all the games. Heaven Forbid someone get 6 tickets instead of 8.
I totally agree.

WPtider

1st Team
Jan 10, 2006
DC
The only logic I can come up with about offering existing Tide Pride fans tickets would be that it allows expanding families (via marriage or births) to all go to the game together. No kidding when Bill Curry was named HC my dad swore he wouldn't attend a game until he was gone (nobody believed him at the time bc he grew up in T'town and had started going with his parents as soon as he could walk into the stadium) to that end while he continued to make his normal Tide Pride contribution he bought one less seat. He would go on Thursday and set up the motor home and tailgate all weekend but would stay there at game time. The day Curry left he called TP to get his seat back and hasn't missed a game since.

Crimson Pig

1st Team
Nov 29, 2004
I'll give my ticket to anybody that wants it. However...

you'll have to put on a band uniform, hold the horn, march pregame and halftime like you've been working at it for a month.

Seriously, why does it seem like this ticket situation was handled SOOO badly this year?

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I got the same call today and scooped them up. They were actually in a priority higher than what I already have. I pick them up at Will Call on Saturday.

Basically, the gist of the reason is these are foreclosure seats, for lack of a better description. Some TP members did not fulfill their complete Tide Pride pledge for the year. Therefore, they are offering these tickets to existing TP members. I paid half of the TP contribution plus the remaining game tickets to get the right to the seats. The lady said these seats would be mine for as long as I wanted to keep them. So I took that to mean that I could renew these next year as well.

After having been a TP member for a 5+ years now I can see that TP likes take care of its current members especially if they have been in the system for a while. Once your in the system it seems that it is to your advantage in the long run to stay involved in the program.

FAN4EVR

1st Team
Nov 22, 2006
Calera, Al
I just called the Tide Pride office and of course they told me that there were absolutely not anymore tickets available. Although I really didn't expect that they would tell me any different, just thought I would give it a shot. Does anyone else have any more info on this? I am around 400 on the list so I am holding out hope that I might get a call.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.