Top billions

RogueElephant

All-American
Mar 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Warren Buffett Takes Top Spot
Forbes
The number 13 has long been considered unlucky by superstitious people around the globe. How fitting, then, that Bill Gates' reign as the world's richest person ends after his 13th year at the top.

Despite being worth $58 billion, $2 billion more than last year, Gates is now the world's third-richest person, ceding the top spot ranking to his good friend and partner in philanthropy, Warren Buffett, whose net worth jumped $10 billion to $62 billion. Ranked No. 2 is Mexican telecom tycoon Carlos Slim Helú, whose fortune has doubled in just two years to $60 billion.

1. Warren Buffett
2. Helú Slim & Family
3. William Gates III
4. Lakshmi Mittal
5. Mukesh Ambani
6. Anil Ambani
7. Ingvar Kamprad & Family
8. KP Singh
9. Oleg Deripaska
10. Karl Albrecht
11. Li Ka-shing
12. Sheldon Adelson
13. Bernard Arnault
14. Lawrence Ellison
15. Roman Abramovich
16. Theo Albrecht
17. Liliane Bettencourt
18. Alexei Mordashov
19. Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud
20. Mikhail Fridman

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/104529/World-Billionaires-2008

Rogue Elephant was 21 coming in at $1.55 more than 2006 for the year hehe. In all honesty I attended a Buffett conference last year and he is a great speaker and very good investor. He has made and will make much money. Just his stock is too priced for most including myself.

NYBamaFan

Suspended
Feb 2, 2002
Blairstown, NJ
...In all honesty I attended a Buffett conference last year and he is a great speaker and very good investor. He has made and will make much money. Just his stock is too priced for most including myself.
I have seen him speak a few times, but the reason that he can't miss is that others move where he moves. He can't miss as long as others follow his money. Those that follow might miss, but not him. It isn't any particular acumen that drives his success today, or for the last 20 years - it is his reputation...

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I have seen him speak a few times, but the reason that he can't miss is that others move where he moves. He can't miss as long as others follow his money. Those that follow might miss, but not him. It isn't any particular acumen that drives his success today, or for the last 20 years - it is his reputation...
Excellent point! Plus when you have such huge investment capability even the smallest uptick can become tremendous profit.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
It doesn't hurt that he follows the same value investment strategy that built his reputation in the first place.

Excellent point! Plus when you have such huge investment capability even the smallest uptick can become tremendous profit.
On the flip side, it's impossible to unload a large holding for market price. The very act of selling will drive the price down.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.