Ramzee Robinson commits!

TampaJim

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Tampa, FL, USA
TiderInsider is reporting that Ramzee Robinson (5-11, 175, Huntsville Butler) has committed to Alabama.

Ramzee is a teammate of Kenneth Darby. He is expected to play CB. He attended a camp at Alabama earlier this Summer and apparently blew the coaches away.

An assistant coach at Butler says that both Darby and Ramzee are very solid citizens and will make us very proud.

Also, it appears likely that we will get two more commitments later this coming week. One probable commitment is Juwon Garth (6-2, 200), a OLB/S prospect from Decatur. He has already been offered and has said that he thinks he will commit soon.

The other recruit is from the Southeast (i.e. not Texas) and is expected to meet with Coach Fran this coming week. If all goes well, he will commit. That's all I've got for now (this is directly from TI on the open forum).

Great news! RTR!

shawn

Jun 26, 2001
hillsboro,al,us
non
THANKS. GOOD NEWS IS GOOD NEWS YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

------------------
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!
IF YOU CAN CONCEIVE IT'
AND YOU CAN BELIEVE IT'
YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!
BAMA FAN FOREVER!!!!!!

I would be interested in knowing more about this young man. Has anyone seen this kid play? TJ, I really appreciate the info and trust your judgement, I hope you don't take my request for more info as an insult. It's just I'd like some insight as to what kind of speed he has, does he have good coverage skills, is he a safety that Bama will try to make into a CB, etc?

JSBAMA

Scout Team
Dec 5, 2000
Pace, FL
Thanks Tampajim for the info. Sounds like our new coaching staff has already begun to make some serious noise by getting these fine recruits early in the recruiting process. ROLL TIDE!

visceralbamafan#1

Apr 11, 2000
Mobile, AL
TampaJim

I have to be honest when I see 5'10" players weighing 177lbs (who never get the "growth spurt") coming to Bama; I see another wasted scholarship in the DB.

Any specifics? I still remember an Aubie's post about Kecalf Bailey and his lack of aggresiveness and hitting power despite his offers from ND and several other teams. Aubie's observations were very prophetic.

Glad to hear we got a good db. I hear we are supposed to be getting about 3 out of JUCO ball, and Anthony Madison should get some playing time next year. That would leave us with a large pile of defensive backs to mess around with and we should find a few that pan out. I really don't think height is that much of an issue in Torbush's defense. He goes for really good cover corners, and hard hitting types to supplement a blitz heavy defensive front. And believe you me, if you don't think a small guy can hit hard, watch some tape of Brooks Daniels (185lb)--he's the best tackler on our team. All we need is to be able to feel at least half way comfortable playing man coverage with our db's so that we can put 7 in the box and pressure the qb.

Roll Tide

Dr. Know

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
Orange Tx via Lower Ala.
Visceral,
Be sure to remember that Bailey was poorly coached, maybe even poorly evaluated by us and ND. I trust Thurmond/Fran more. Robinson will be fine. As for his size, remember Mark McMillen's size? I believe he logged in about 8 good years with the NFL also.

CrimsonFever

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 20, 2001
Montgomery, Al
There were quite a number of good reasons why we recruited this young man in addition to the fact that we plan to revamp our defensive backfield and have him play DB. We planned to sign 2 or 3. He was the first, we have added one of the top JUCO DBs (Scott, a legitimate 6-0 with excellent speed), we attempted and were unable to sign some of the top-rated DBs in the country, and if we sign another, it will be
6-2 Elvis Gallegos who the staff is high on.

He is an excellent athlete in his own right, he is an even better person, and is a very good student.

He is best friends with Den Darby, perhaps the top-rated RB in Alabama. Since their commitments, the two have served as ambassadors for the entire program, taking numerous unofficial visits to the campus, observing and encouraging present players at practices, promoting the university, and encouraging visiting prospects to commit.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.