Wow 4 top 10 teams on the sched

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Just look at it this way, if we are undefeated or a 1-loss team come december there is no way we can be kept out of the BCSCG. :biggrin:
AP poll 8/16: 1. Georgia 2. Ohio State 3. USC ... 24. Alabama

8/30 - Alabama 31 Clemson 28
9/13 - Ohio State 56 USC 52 2OT
9/27 - Georgia 41 Alabama 31

AP poll 9/29: 1. Georgia 2. Ohio State 3. Oklahoma 4. Florida 5. USC

11/1 - Georgia 24 Florida 21
11/8 - Alabama 17 LSU 14
11/29 - Alabama 29 Auburn 23

AP poll 11/31: 1. Georgia 2. Ohio State 3. USC 4. Florida 5. Oklahoma 6. Alabama

12/6: Alabama 15 Georgia 13
12/6: Missouri 38 Oklahoma 27

End of season: Ohio State 12-0, USC 11-1, Alabama 12-1, Georgia 12-1, Florida 12-1, Oklahoma 11-2, Missouri 11-2 ...
Auburn 7-5, LSU 8-4, Clemson 9-3, Tennessee 7-5

Final Harris Interactive Poll: 1. Ohio State 2. USC 3. Florida 4. Alabama
Final Coaches Poll: 1. Ohio State 2. USC 3. Florida 4. Alabama
Final Computer Poll: 1. Ohio State 2. Alabama 3. USC 4. Florida

BCSCG: 1. Ohio State vs. 2. USC

There's your scenario... although I'd be ecstatic just to see Alabama pull off anything similar to this.

AP poll 8/16: 1. Georgia 2. Ohio State 3. USC ... 24. Alabama

8Final Harris Interactive Poll: 1. Ohio State 2. USC 3. Florida 4. Alabama
Final Coaches Poll: 1. Ohio State 2. USC 3. Florida 4. Alabama
Final Computer Poll: 1. Ohio State 2. Alabama 3. USC 4. Florida

BCSCG: 1. Ohio State vs. 2. USC

There's your scenario... although I'd be ecstatic just to see Alabama pull off anything similar to this.
Looks Good. Thanks. 14 Days to the Kick Off.

JagTider

Suspended
May 28, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah, I hate it that we will be fielding a pretty good team and have such a tough schedule when we are trying to turn the corner. With the schedule, our win/loss record may really overshadow the gains we have made - I mean the rest of the country looks at wins and losses. Only fans like us really know how much better the program is getting and we may not get credit for the gains we have made. National perception goes a long way in bowl invites and recruiting. On the other hand, it gives us a great opportunity to open some eyes if we pull off a nice little string of wins!!! Roll Tide!

Last edited:

RamJammer

All-SEC
Aug 29, 2007
Birmingham
Well,. I for one, am pretty nervous about it because it's pretty fair to say that teams with that kind of experience (them) playing a team with little experience & younger players (us) is probably going to beat us. I hate that the lots of the fans will jump all over Saban as if it's his fault - I just hope that everyone will keep on encouraging the coaches & team so that as Saban's next 2 year's of recrutiing classes come thru & we are then seasoned & talented - that as we're winning again - people will have been patient a little logner & stayed on top of the encouraging end of things rather than the trash-talking.

bamajag600

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2006
Hawaii
If we are 12-1 and sec champs, we are in the bcs title game unless there are two undefeated teams. Even then we may get the nod with the schedule we have. But thats putting the cart before the horse, if we can beat the teams we'll be favored against, plus all the tigers we play; we'll have a heck of a year.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I like the tough schedule. Seems like Bama always gets up for the big games and plays well while letting little teams carry them to the final seconds and really makes them look bad resulting in a bad rank in the polls and gets the nay sayers started flapping their gums. If a top ten team beats us it don't look nearly so bad.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.