Has anyone noticed how many D line man we are losing

bamaboysa

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 30, 2003
florence
Has anyone noticed how many D line man we are losing this past year 3 out of our starting 4 are gone we really need some quality D line man, that can jump in there and start and put pressure on the other teams qb, really all we got to replace him is turner from jc. We need a couple of D line man ,a DE and Another DT

------------------

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
Where have you been? That is well known ever since Childress and Odom announced to leave early. Techinically we lose 4, including L. Williams.

bamaboysa

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 30, 2003
florence
I have been here the whole time, my message is we need some help out of this class, being that one DL and one DE might be headed to prep school doesnt help any and britt playing O line,

------------------

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bamaboysa:
Has anyone noticed how many D line man we are losing this past year 3 out of our starting 4 are gone we really need some quality D line man, that can jump in there and start and put pressure on the other teams qb, really all we got to replace him is turner from jc. We need a couple of D line man ,a DE and Another DT

</font>

How about this: We lost 3 starters the previous year too. It's hard to recover from that. Fran put us in this bind by not signing a DL in his first class.

bamaboysa

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 30, 2003
florence
That is a very good point, maybe shula has a good plan for that, I bet he does, he has done good so far

------------------

bige

Oct 1, 2003
albertville,ala.,usa
all this does is provide an opportunity for
someone to step up. i believe with clark,
bryant, lee and new signees chris turner,
washington, and washington we will be ok.

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
Man I think our d-line will be a force next season even without our new(what can be very good) incoming class. Look we have Lee, Bryant, Tatum, and Clark at tackles. The juco guy can play both spots and we still have Bates, Anderson, Harris, and I forget the late signee from last year. That's a good start for me.

I worry about the secondary more than anything except o-line and receiver. We look to have added Carter, Robinson, and Castille so there's my Christmas.

bamaboysa

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 30, 2003
florence
Roller I beg to differ , If they were that good they would have been starting and putting more pressure on the other teams qb,we do need beter cover guys and that is what shula has been doing, but we need some of that pressure like lsu had on us and that starts with the front four, I know they blitzed alot but not on every down.We need some of them to step up but we also need to recruit a stud lineman.

------------------

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
bamaboysa, potential is not production. With the younger guys the potential is there and a good offseason puts them in the rotation. Bama needed bodies last year on D, but you can't just toss people in there and run a program I would imagine. If Bama can get get good production from Bates, Anderson, and Harris while Gilberry and others provide depth that's more depth than last season.

We have some young guys that needed to add size and strength because the mental part will be enough to adjust to.

Tsunami_RTR

1st Team
Jan 10, 2004
Burns, TN, USA
It is EXTREMELY unusual for a lineman to start as a freshman. I think CMS is looking for people who have the greatest potential to contribute soon, but trying to find a graduating senior who will be a "force" on the interior line is almost a pipe dream.

------------------
"I don't know, we haven't played Alabama yet." -- Vince Lombardi after being asked what it felt like to be the greatest football team in the world just after winning the '66 Super Bowl

bamaboysa

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 30, 2003
florence
hello we had at least a couple freshman play last year, travis west,chris capps,justin moon,dominic lee,wallace gilberry all were 2003 class, I rest my point

------------------

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
hello we had at least a couple freshman play last year, travis west,chris capps,justin moon,dominic lee,wallace gilberry all were 2003 class, I rest my point

</font>
Not sure I got your point. Lee played quite a bit last year at DT. The rest of those guys you mentioned redshirted.

[This message has been edited by JohnD (edited 01-10-2004).]

bamaboysa

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 30, 2003
florence
almost all of these guys played last year as true freshman most of them on offence, they may not have started but they were rotated into games besides lee on the D line

------------------

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL
almost all of these guys played last year as true freshman most of them on offence, they may not have started but they were rotated into games besides lee on the D line

</font>
Out of all those guys, the only one that played last season was Lee. The rest redshirted.

tideomega

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2002
Birmingham Al.
Tide, I was wondering if E. Knight is going to have the passing grades to be able to play next year, if he doesn't get red shirted?? In the last B'Ham News that I saw, it had Marcus Carter DB listed on auburns list. ( from Fort Payne )

T C.......

RTR

bamaboysa

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 30, 2003
florence
OK im not going to reply to the eye sight remark because its just tasteless, MY point was since no one else sees it that we had fresman lineman playing last year , It might have only been one but you still get my point, but also remember of the list of names I had up Britt broke his leg and we had another line man out. I would like to see this list of line man who red shirted since im the only one that doesnt know anything.

------------------

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.