The Cry Baby Award

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DiamondDust:
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=1795845

Anyone else heard about this? One part of me thinks the coach is a complete idiot. Although, the other portion of me, which the cruel, heartless S.O.B., got a twisted laugh out of reading it.
</font>

A Spec. Ed. teacher at that! He probably should have his certification taken away for an unprofessional act. He got off light!

------------------
"Reading the world always precedes reading the word, and reading the word implies continually reading the world!" - Paulo Freire

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
the sad part is the coach loses his job b/c of a kid who probably DESERVED the award!

however, the coach needs to attend "two-by-four-to-the-noggin'-training" for being stupid enough to give it to him!

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
I guess the fact that we are reading about this is proof that the kid deserved the award.

His dad didn't sound terribly upset. The kid probably got his whining genes from his mommy.

------------------
"I've never been quarantined, but the more I look around the more I think it might not be a bad thing." -- George Carlin

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BamaNation:
the sad part is the coach loses his job b/c of a kid who probably DESERVED the award!

however, the coach needs to attend "two-by-four-to-the-noggin'-training" for being stupid enough to give it to him!
</font>
I don't think any kid needs to be "chastised" in that way, especially in that fashion. There were many other ways that "coach" could have handled the situation. One way is to talk to the parent about the situation with mediation with the administration. The other way is not have him on the team. Or both! The guy deserves his reprimand.

Who was the child and who was the adult?

[This message has been edited by ldlane (edited 05-05-2004).]

CrimsonNan

BamaNation Hall of Fame
Oct 19, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Alabama, USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ldlane:
I don't think any kid needs to be "chastised" in that way, especially in that fashion. There were many other ways that "coach" could have handled the situation. One way is to talk to the parent about the situation with mediation with the administration. The other way is not have him on the team. Or both! The guy deserves his reprimand.

</font>
Goolllllyyyyyyyyy...you mean Lance and I are going to agree about something for a change.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ldlane:

</font>
exactly the reason i proposed the 2x4 across the noggin for the coach.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.