Julio Jones' demeanor...

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003
is anyone else impressed with the way he carries himself? all business. no talk. no jive. just gets it done and lets his play do the talking. just hands the ball to the ref and he's back on the sidelines or in the huddle.

in this day and age when every WR is acting a fool, he sure is a nice change of pace.

RTR_UA#1

All-SEC
Jun 16, 2008
Meridian, MS
Re: julio jone's demeanor....

I agree!
I like the way Coach Saban has taken control of the players and their behavoir! It seems ALL the players have a real business-like attitude!

ROLL TIDE!!

R

rolltidescott

I agree. Julio appears to be very mature and "grounded".

BamaMom/2

Scout Team
Jul 31, 2008

Someone told me he was highly recruited by Texas Tech. I can not see him fitting in there with those WR's. Way too much hot dogging. I think Julio is really classy.

J.E.B. Stuart

Suspended
Aug 11, 2000

Someone told me he was highly recruited by Texas Tech. I can not see him fitting in there with those WR's. Way too much hot dogging. I think Julio is really classy.
All these players are "striking the pose" for the cameras now days. It is the "me, me, me / me first" generation. They call it generation X or something these days. I call it the days of ME and hot dogging. It is even hard to watch a college or pro game these days as all these players, after even stopping a running back for no gain on the 4th play of the game have to jump up and strike his pose to get on camera. More evidence of that is the UTube web site today. Some of those morons are just sickening. You see some of those UTube clips on TV now and they are just morons out for their 15 seconds of fame. It is today's world. All about ME and LOOK AT ME, SEE ME DOING GREAT, AIN'T I GREAT, crowd. I really miss the days when football, baseball, etc. players played the game and acted like they had been there and done that before. Baseball's "stand and watch my long homerun" fly pose is todays other one I am sick of. In 1960s, Bob Gibson or Don Drysdale would have stuck the next pitch into the batters rib cage. I never saw a batter charge the mound with Drysdale on it. Maybe because he was 6 foot 6 and around 250 is the reason.

BamaBar

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 30, 2004
Huntsville, AL USA

I agree!
I like the way Coach Saban has taken control of the players and their behavoir! It seems ALL the players have a real business-like attitude!

ROLL TIDE!!
We are not completely free of this. Remember M. Maze after his TD catch against I believe Kentucky. I don't think he would do it again after Saban got on his tail.

Bama_Fan72

1st Team
Nov 4, 2007
Re: Julio Jone's demeanor...

I am glad Julio acts the way he does. But I also think it is okay for the players to showboat a little they are having fun and with millions of dollars on the line by going pro they are simply trying to advertise their services. Julio doesn't have to act that way because he will be a great one.

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL

I remember being in the Georgia Dome and waiting for the players to come out for the game to start. A lot of them were showing expected excitement, etc. I was interested in how Julio would come out. He just jogged onto the field like it was another day at the office.

I love how he carries himself.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

All these players are "striking the pose" for the cameras now days. It is the "me, me, me / me first" generation. They call it generation X or something these days. I call it the days of ME and hot dogging. It is even hard to watch a college or pro game these days as all these players, after even stopping a running back for no gain on the 4th play of the game have to jump up and strike his pose to get on camera. More evidence of that is the UTube web site today. Some of those morons are just sickening. You see some of those UTube clips on TV now and they are just morons out for their 15 seconds of fame. It is today's world. All about ME and LOOK AT ME, SEE ME DOING GREAT, AIN'T I GREAT, crowd. I really miss the days when football, baseball, etc. players played the game and acted like they had been there and done that before. Baseball's "stand and watch my long homerun" fly pose is todays other one I am sick of. In 1960s, Bob Gibson or Don Drysdale would have stuck the next pitch into the batters rib cage. I never saw a batter charge the mound with Drysdale on it. Maybe because he was 6 foot 6 and around 250 is the reason.
While I agree with most of your post, the majority of Generation X is in their 40's. Basically every 10 or 12 years or so a generation of 15-25 year olds gets a nickname. Baby Boomers, Generation X, Generation Y (Internet Generation), and the current group, The Entitlement Generation.

paul02085

All-SEC
Sep 12, 2004
Loganville, Ga.

Julio is a class act from what i see on the field. I just hope we get a QB who can deliver the ball to him next year so we can really see what he is capable of.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

We are not completely free of this. Remember M. Maze after his TD catch against I believe Kentucky. I don't think he would do it again after Saban got on his tail.
I think it is wishful thinking to believe it won't ever happen again. I like the business-as-usual attitude too, but now that I think on it, some of 1992's more entertaining and memorable moments were punctuated with a bit of unnecessary celebration. However, this showboating pales compared to the level of trash talking from Miami in the weeks leading up to the game. George Teague high stepping his pick six in the 3rd quarter of the Sugar Bowl. (Link goes to an extremely detailed technical analysis of the play. A must read for Alabama fans who are students of football and appreciate the performance that day. 11 defensive players on the line of scrimmage, quick release, Teague jumps the route)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxF_KACYDcQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxF_KACYDcQ[/ame]

Also, if anyone can find a video of Derrick Lassic's Fred Sanford heart attack after his TD, I would like to see that too.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

Also, if anyone can find a video of Derrick Lassic's Fred Sanford heart attack after his TD, I would like to see that too.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U5q-iKx3Co"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U5q-iKx3Co[/ame]

Found one with this example and more.

1:00 #43 Antonio Langham breaks up a pass and points into the air while walking calmly.
2:06 #25 Derrick Lassic does a cartwheel after scoring.
2:12 #25 Derrick Lassic TD and heart attack.
2:20 #20 Sherman Williams does a shake after scoring a TD.
2:40 #13 George Teague high stepping into endzone on a pick six.

ElephanTideis

All-SEC
Aug 17, 2008
while i do think JJ is a class act, i have seen him nodding his head at a few db's this season. but from what i have been able to tell so far, it is after they have said something after he makes a catch and them look like little school-boys.

Last edited:

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City
Notice that when ever some has a hand on Julio after a tackle, especially when he is out of bounds, he will knock their hand off.:BigA::):BigA:

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
I love Julio's business like mentality too, but I think people take the dancing or celebrating waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously. Who cares if a guy celebrates or dances after he makes a big play? Its supposed to be fun for them, and many people don't mind it one bit, in fact probably more love it. As long as its not something silly like doing a dance after a first down or TD when your team isn't even in the game...then do whatever you feel. Just because guys celebrate doesn't mean they don't care about the team.

Now, on that note celebrating and taunting are 2 different things.

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA
I was watching the way some of those Auburn players were jumping off the bus, etc.., last week before the West Virginia game, just looking absolutely off-the-leash. Then they got butt-smacked.

I love the all-business look our guys have. We noticed it in the Georgia Dome that first night during warmups. You could just tell something was different about this team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.