Interesting article on Brandon Thornton (link)

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Thornton gives UAB verbal commitment.....But is that where he will end up?

During the recruiting process, Mississippi State was the lone SEC school to show interest, [Brandon] said, thus ending his hopes of realizing his childhood aspirations.

"Alabama was one of my dreams. I really wanted to play there," he said. "I think, hopefully, it will make me a better player. It was said through some people that I could walk on there, but no one directly ever told me that."

Should Thornton wind up in Starkville, Miss., it would provide him four chances to play against Alabama, an opportunity he won't have with the Blazers.

"It probably would have some kind of motivation," he said. "I can't worry about it now."

http://www.al.com/uabsports/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/107390257590302.xml

bnhonest

All-SEC
May 28, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Al, USA
I saw Brandon play against Vestavia. I wish him luck, where ever he chooses to play. I think UAB would be a good fit for him. He will make a good CUSA fullback. He is not SEC material, but would be perfect for Miss State..(insult intended).

------------------
"Old Mexico...that sounds like the test of all test if you ask me....I'm in!"

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Crimson Surfer:
Thornton gives UAB verbal commitment.....But is that where he will end up?

During the recruiting process, Mississippi State was the lone SEC school to show interest, [Brandon] said, thus ending his hopes of realizing his childhood aspirations.

"Alabama was one of my dreams. I really wanted to play there," he said. "I think, hopefully, it will make me a better player. It was said through some people that I could walk on there, but no one directly ever told me that."

Should Thornton wind up in Starkville, Miss., it would provide him four chances to play against Alabama, an opportunity he won't have with the Blazers.

"It probably would have some kind of motivation," he said. "I can't worry about it now."

http://www.al.com/uabsports/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/107390257590302.xml[/UR L]
</font>

I bhate to rain on the parade....but UA was never on this kids top 5 list. I follow the recruiting services close and last spring his list was Miami, FL ST.,UF, Ga. and I think UT.I just do not get where these articles that come out later saying that he always liked UA the best....but just did not list us in his top 5. It's no wonder our coaches did not recruit him,as in Bell out of Alabaster. I quess when Bell signs with UGA or whoever he will then say he always liked the Tide best...go figure.
drjamesm

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.