Stover Update Re:Academics

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
Stover has a 2.4 GPA and needs a 2.5. He has made a 17 on his ACT and plans to take it again 2 more times. He is really close and is expected to qualify.

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The Tide:
Stover has a 2.4 GPA and needs a 2.5. He has made a 17 on his ACT and plans to take it again 2 more times. He is really close and is expected to qualify.</font>
This is good news bc we need this guy bad. Thanks for the up date.
drjamesm

Root4Bama

1st Team
Aug 8, 2003
BAMA
All of your numbers are correct. I would also say that the feeling here in Hartselle is that he will qualify 100%.

vatidefan

Scout Team
Apr 30, 2003
Manassas,Virginia,USA
This makes me a little more comfortable. Exactly the kind of news we need. Stover is one of the cornerstones gentlemen. The top rated player of his class and needs to be on the field next year.

------------------
University Of Alabama:
12 NCAA Championships
21 SEC Championships
51 Bowl Appearances
87 First Team All Amer.
3rd Highest Winning % in D1 History
ANY QUESTIONS? RTR

ShadowUA

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 29, 2003
Trussville, AL
If I remember correctly (of course it was 13 years ago when I applied to the University), you have to have an 18 on your ACT to be admitted. I wasn't an athlete, so I don't know if the rules are different, but I think you have to have both the GPA and the ACT score. RTR!

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
BamaNTN, you are correct. It is on a sliding scale. If he increses his ACT he doesn't have to get a 2.5, 2.4 might be sufficient.

For the record he has taken it twice and still got a 17, but plans to take it 2 more times.

Tideman96

Dec 5, 2003
Meridian
The Tide. I appreciate your contribution to this page. I read your recruiting info all the time. My question is "do you do talk to the prospects yourself, or do you research on the net? It always seems that right after a story is released on TI or bamamag that it pops up here, which is great for those who choose not to invest in those services. However, I am of the opinion that those who actually report the information should be given their proper acknowledgements. But that's jmho if I am indeed correct.

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
I can't imagine the pressure these kids must be under taking this test. I remember I bombed the SAT because I had already done well on the ACT and I wanted to get done and get back before the Alabama/Auburn game came on.

vatidefan

Scout Team
Apr 30, 2003
Manassas,Virginia,USA
My question is "do you do talk to the prospects yourself"

Like the UK guy who just got banned for 27 years??? LOL

------------------
University Of Alabama:
12 NCAA Championships
21 SEC Championships
51 Bowl Appearances
87 First Team All Amer.
3rd Highest Winning % in D1 History
ANY QUESTIONS? RTR

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tideman96:
The Tide. I appreciate your contribution to this page. I read your recruiting info all the time. My question is "do you do talk to the prospects yourself, or do you research on the net? It always seems that right after a story is released on TI or bamamag that it pops up here, which is great for those who choose not to invest in those services. However, I am of the opinion that those who actually report the information should be given their proper acknowledgements. But that's jmho if I am indeed correct.</font>
I have had the opportunity to interview some players and/or talk with those who conducted the interviews. Having a fulltime job does not allow me to spend too much time with recruiting. The majority of my information comes from various searches through the internet. I agree that if posting a link or an article the source should be referred. As far as stories or breaking news popping on here or any site is quite common. That is the benefit (or downfall) of the internet.

[This message has been edited by The Tide (edited 01-16-2004).]

daTruth

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 11, 2002
Stover re-taking the ACT is good. The highest score from each section is used to determine his composite score. For instance if he makes a 18 in math and 16 in English then the next time makes a 17 in math and 18 in English then the higher two scores will be used thus giving him an 18.

Good Luck Stover on your test and keep up the good work!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.