Link: WR Michael Bowman Update

Joe89e

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 4, 2008
Re: UGA making late charge for Alabama-bound WR Michael Bowman?

I'm not one to worry about recruits changing their mind, most I believe will hold firm, including Trent who everyone seems to worry about.

But this is one I definitely raise a red flag about, I have never been too sure about Bowman. Hopefully he looks at the fact that they wanted nothing to do with him earlier, and we came along and took our chances with him and his grades when his "first love" would not.

RunBamaRun

1st Team
Jun 7, 2006

He seems to be singing a different tune than when UGA wasn't interested and he committed to Bama. He said he was Bama all the way and wouldn't consider UGA if they did offer him later.
Hey, if he'd that much rather be at UGA that is where he should go. It will leave room for another of the top rated WR's or LB's on our board!!!

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

It'll be interesting to see the UGA fans reaction if he ends up changing his mind and signs with UGA.

When he declared that Bama was his school, UGA fans viewed him as an unintelligent talent who would never qualify and vilified Bama as a team that put a premium on wins over an education for athletes.

My guess is that they'll change their tune if he signs with the Dawgs.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

He seems to be singing a different tune than when UGA wasn't interested and he committed to Bama. He said he was Bama all the way and wouldn't consider UGA if they did offer him later.
I read this as well.

Bowman was very adamant that was going to Alabama and would not consider Georgia.

Bamaball2001

All-American
Aug 30, 2007
Snellville Georgia

this is one I definitely raise a red flag about, I have never been too sure about Bowman. Hopefully he looks at the fact that they wanted nothing to do with him earlier, and we came along and took our chances with him and his grades when his "first love" would not.
Based on things that he has said in the past I think that there is a chance that he goes with UGA, if they make him the right offer. If UGA does make him a decent offer I think that means that they are losing ground on other players. They have very little wiggle room in this years class also.

Hey, if he'd that much rather be at UGA that is where he should go. It will leave room for another of the top rated WR's or LB's on our board!!!

He has great hands and IMO is underrated. I really hope he stays, I think it is the best decision for him to play at BAMA. But, I agree with you, If he goes to UGA we have another slot for some other quality player and they are standing in line for the opportunity. What a nice position to be in.

:BigA: RTR!

Last edited:

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

I think this probably means that UGA must not like their chances with WR Marlon Brown and now they want to pursue Bowman. I doubt he switches after reading his comments since he has been committed to Bama. I think if anything changes with his commitment it would be because too many other top receivers commit to Bama between now and NSD.

RunBamaRun

1st Team
Jun 7, 2006

I think this probably means that UGA must not like their chances with WR Marlon Brown and now they want to pursue Bowman. I doubt he switches after reading his comments since he has been committed to Bama. I think if anything changes with his commitment it would be because too many other top receivers commit to Bama between now and NSD.
I read where UT's new HC (CLK) has already visited Marlon Brown and considers him a MUST GET for UcheaT. Since CLK consider him to be that important the tinisee mafia will probably put the pressure on him to stay in state.

BAMAMANFROMGA

3rd Team
Nov 6, 2006

I would be highly surprised if he changed his commitment to UGA. Someone can correct me on this if I am wrong, but his older brother played for OK ST.

Last year or the year before when OK ST. went to Athens to play the family took an unofficial visit so there son (Michael) could really see the game day and UGA is/was his favorite team. So, anyway they showed up and of course Mom and on some things supporting her son who played for OSU. Anyways when all was said and done the parents and especially the Mom were very unhappy with the way they were treated by the recruit host and with the fans that they had to deal with.

There was a big deal made about in the AJC and CMR actually came out and apologized to the parents if I'm not mistaken. But you know how Moms are they never forget anything.

I wouldn't get too worked up just yet. JMO.

RTR!!:BigA:

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
The latest news on WR Michael Bowman directly from his HS Coach Mark Mariakis is that he is a soid commitment to Alabama. UGA has not offered Bowman or renewed their interest in him. CNS recently had a very good visit with Bowman and according to his HS coach he is on track to qualify academically.

Bama1970

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2007
Lucedale, Ms
The latest news on WR Michael Bowman directly from his HS Coach Mark Mariakis is that he is a soid commitment to Alabama. UGA has not offered Bowman or renewed their interest in him. CNS recently had a very good visit with Bowman and according to his HS coach he is on track to qualify academically.
Sounds promising.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Great news, especially the last part! :BigA:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.