Darius Walker to visit Alabama!

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
I just saw that...he is the real deal. He will leave Ohio State and head to BAMA on Monday and Tuesday. He would be a steal...not sure he isn;t better than Manson.

------------------
Things are looking up at the Capstone!

Whammer Jammer

Tsunami_RTR

1st Team
Jan 10, 2004
Burns, TN, USA
This may be old news to many of you, but I hadn't seen it:

Walker, one of the nation's top recruits, had 282 rushes for 2,406 yards and a state-record 46 touchdowns this season.

He reached the state touchdown record, held previously by Herschel Walker and Charles Grant, last Saturday in Buford's 31-3 over Charlton County for the Class AA state title.

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/news/politics/7566625.htm

He also runs a 4.38 in the 40 and has good power according to scouts according to another site.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tsunami_RTR:
This may be old news to many of you, but I hadn't seen it:

Walker, one of the nation's top recruits, had 282 rushes for 2,406 yards and a state-record 46 touchdowns this season.

He reached the state touchdown record, held previously by Herschel Walker and Charles Grant, last Saturday in Buford's 31-3 over Charlton County for the Class AA state title.

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/news/politics/7566625.htm

He also runs a 4.38 in the 40 and has good power according to scouts according to another site.
</font>
I would say 4.38 is inflated, as it is for 98% of all backs. Nevertheless, Walker is fast. But more important than that, he has great balance and vision. He just makes great decisions on his cuts. He's been at the top of my RB wishlist since October. I'd take him over Manson in an instant.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Walker would be a HUGE addition....Manson loved his visit to Florida....i wouldnt mind getting Giles either, anyone hear anything on his visit???

------------------
Comes the Tide, bringing with it untapped,
unfathomed depths of energy.....
awesome mighty and relentless it comes.....this is the Tide

GAMEFACE

1st Team
Feb 6, 2001
Cahaba Heights, Al. USA
Its probably got a lot to do with Clarett going back to ohio st. now. They are not sure if the ncaa will let him in (sure they will its not BAMA) but even if he wins his lawsuit he said he wants to re-enroll and finish school. They are going to let him go through winter work outs and all and try and get him back in the spring if the school still wants him. It was in the bham news last week I think. Manson better make a move I dont think we have two slots for rbs and they are very comparable One would be just as good as the other in my book. I think which ever one pulls the trigger first gets the slot and the other gets to play for well whoever.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
I saw Walker play in the Georgia HS playoffs. He definitely has the size, speed, and power to be a stud at the collegiate level.

The UGA station in Atlanta (680thefan) was spinning that the reason UGA had not offered was because his high school coaches treated him like a QB and wouldn't let him take contact in practice during the week.

ga tide man #9

Scout Team
Jan 16, 2003
trion ga.
Guy's, I have watched this guy play he is a stud. He is coached by former Bama player Dexter Wood. This program turns out D1 prospects every year, just having a couple of kids from this school to visit is key. Maybe it will lead to future in-roads to other prospects. Also coach Wood had Eric Zeir and P.K.Sam to name a few. I have been reading this board for about 9 months and love I have just now got the nerve to start posting.

RTR

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
Trust me...Maurice Clarrett is the last of Walker's worries. He may look at the depth chart and feel comfortable to be honest with you. Bama has the same availability though. Darby is the only guy that will be at Bama when Walker gets there that will be his main competition. Darby can't do it by hisself. That's why I can't understand the Manson thing, but it's not my decision. I believe Bama will land a top 20 back before it is over.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ROLLER:
Trust me...Maurice Clarrett is the last of Walker's worries. He may look at the depth chart and feel comfortable to be honest with you. Bama has the same availability though. Darby is the only guy that will be at Bama when Walker gets there that will be his main competition. Darby can't do it by hisself. That's why I can't understand the Manson thing, but it's not my decision. I believe Bama will land a top 20 back before it is over. </font>

My read on Manson is he just wants to get away from Tuscaloosa, and it has nothing to do with UA.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Walker is just what Bama needs a speedster with power.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=17282&Sport=1

http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=620159

We made his list of five official visits or his five favorites Alabama, Arkansas, Stanford, Ohio State and Notre Dame. And Bama is the closest to his home. So I think that makes our chances at least 20 % to land him. I think Walker would be a great pick-up for Bama. It is really looking like Manson has decided to stick with the Gators. Hopefully Walker or Giles will commit soon.

[This message has been edited by Crimson Surfer (edited 01-19-2004).]

Bama-fo-life

1st Team
Jan 16, 2004
Mobile, AL. USA
yahoo.com
Anyone know why a sudden rush to visit and why he chose such weird dates to visit? Seems like week-end dates are when students normally come.

------------------
There is God, Family, Church, and not far behind Alabama football!

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
Interesting bit of news regarding Walker:

Walker “just happens” to be friends with fellow Georgian Lorenzo Washington (6-5, 275, 4.75), who plays defensive tackle for Grayson High School in Loganville.

He also plays with neil Brown whO may visit The Capstone!

http://alabama.theinsiders.com/2/225894.html

------------------
Things are looking up at the Capstone!

Whammer Jammer

[This message has been edited by Whammer Jammer (edited 01-19-2004).]

Dr. Know

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
Orange Tx via Lower Ala.
I feel that Manson just wants to leave T-town, that's what my gut feeling tells me. Can't see any other reason. Walker could be stepping into a special place in time to become the next great back at Bama. I honestly thought that D. Void would fill that spot. We'll just have to wait and see it play out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.