He is eligible!!!!!!!!!!

Tsunami_RTR

1st Team
Jan 10, 2004
Burns, TN, USA
Damien Jones is eligible to play for Alabama! He was an all around star for Vigor several years ago. He will not count our scholarships dince he has been in the Braves org for the past 6(?) years. He has 4.4 speed in the 40 and should be a big asset to us in the years to come

RTR

------------------
"I don't know, we haven't played Alabama yet." -- Vince Lombardi after being asked what it felt like to be the greatest football team in the world just after winning the '66 Super Bowl

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Link to Bama Mag's Kirk McNair's post saying that the UA Compliance office has approved Damien Jones. He has been deemed a qualifier and is eligible to compete for Alabama. he says that Jones is quite a bit bigger now than when he signed with Bama out of high school and that he could be a strong safety or even linebacker.

http://mb2.theinsiders.com/falabamafans48326frm1.showMessage?topicID=48997.topic

Tsunami_RTR

1st Team
Jan 10, 2004
Burns, TN, USA
Someone said that in a BOL interview that he stated he was enrolled. Is that right?

------------------
"I don't know, we haven't played Alabama yet." -- Vince Lombardi after being asked what it felt like to be the greatest football team in the world just after winning the '66 Super Bowl

BamaFlix

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 14, 2004
Prattville,Al,US
From what I understand he is currently enrolled. If this guy can play the linebacker postion with his current size and a blazing 4.4 forty this could equal another Teddy Leman (OU Linebacker)

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BamaFlix:
From what I understand he is currently enrolled. If this guy can play the linebacker postion with his current size and a blazing 4.4 forty this could equal another Teddy Leman (OU Linebacker) </font>
I would bet from his past position....it would be ss or wr.
drjamesm

Dr. Know

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
Orange Tx via Lower Ala.
For someone who seen it first hand, Jones has a knack for "jerking victory out of the jaw's of defeat". PERIOD! Its not safe to be ahead by less than 9 with 00:01 left on the clock and the ball in his hands.

[This message has been edited by Dr. Know (edited 01-19-2004).]

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
Good news. With MacDowell that's two quality athletes we've gotten from pro baseball. (I think we got a QB but he left aftet the Price fiasco)

Great way to make up numbers with good players.

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jack Bourbon:
Good news. With MacDowell that's two quality athletes we've gotten from pro baseball. (I think we got a QB but he left aftet the Price fiasco)

Great way to make up numbers with good players.
</font>
Just a heads up JB....Mike Machen is still with the team,was red shirted last year. However , with the injuries to BC and SP it was almost taken off.
drjamesm

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.