Out-Of State Hopefuls

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by numbersman:
Which are the biggest out-of-state targets?

Walker, Brown, Washington, Hall, Kendrick?

Do we have room for all of these? Could we even sign more?

RTR
</font>
We are still recruiting Gandy (ms) and another dt from ga I think his name is Brown too.Also, Miller., I believe TI stated we only have 4 max spots left.I think 3 is more like it.
drjamesm
However

Liberty

Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by numbersman:
Which are the biggest out-of-state targets?

Walker, Brown, Washington, Hall, Kendrick?
RTR
</font>
Walker: 5'11"/197 lbs
Brown: 6'3"/190 lbs
Washington: 6'5"/270 lbs
Hall: 6'3"/185 lbs
Kendrick: 6'0"/205 lbs

So, I suppose it's Washington
In all honesty, I do believe it's Washington. I think that the losses suffered from folks leaving early for the NFL in conjunction with scholarship reductions have left the depth on defensive front paper thin.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
My rank would be in this order:
1. Washington
2. Brown/Hall/Kendrick
3. Walker/Giles
4. Miller/N. Brown
5. M. Brown/Jones

If either #4 or #5 fall through, which is highly possible, take 2 receivers. Try to get Gandy to grayshirt and come in next year with his Jr teammate, who will be a top recruit.
There is nothing left on the board but outstanding out-of-state players. If we get any 3 of them, it should be considered a major victory.

TerryP

Suspended
Oct 8, 1999
I'm a little shocked no one has mentioned Will Oakley who has been on board for some time now.

DJ Hall was on campus last weekend along with Will. FWIW, Will has set records in Florida lately for receiving and both he and Hall were All State in Florida.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TerryP:
I'm a little shocked no one has mentioned Will Oakley ......

</font>

I understood the question to be pertaining to "uncommitted" players we are still recruiting. Oakley is a player, no doubt, and more importantly, he's the only qualified WR signee committed at this point.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.