? About Blueshirts

RTRinNC

Scout Team
Nov 24, 2000
Shelby, NC
Jess, TJ, anyone. With the talk of McLain and maybe Nance being "blueshirts", I'm not sure I understand the reasoning.

With the instate recruting class next year ranked so high, why commit 2003 scholarhips in 2002? I undestand Nance's rehab is coming along very well, but with any rehab, nobody can, for certain, predict how it will ultimately turn out. And, McLain (and I certainly don't intend to knock any player's talent)is not considered by most to be a highly ranked prospect (Lousiville?). Are both so good that we need to close the deal on them now?

And, what happens if the NCAA increases next year's scholarship reductions?

By no means am I criticizing Coach Fran's plan. Just thinking out loud.

RTR!!!

CrimsonFever

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 20, 2001
Montgomery, Al
I think there are several issues at work here. Nance was high on our list before his injury and I guess the coaches feel his rehab is progressing okay. We are a little short at the LB position now & I'm not sure that it is a strongpoint of the 2003 class. He had very good speed & may be tried at FB. McLain is a well-developed guy already who could play several positions (LB, DE, TE or FB). We didn't get a TE this year and there aren't a lot of TEs or DEs in the 2003 class locally. He's also a very good person and an exceptional student and he loves Alabama - may help recruit others. He also has the athleticism and frame that may enable him to put on enough weight to become a DT in a couple years. This staff is very high on loyalty, academics, and character in addition to athletic talent. They like these guys and their potential very much and there is no guarantee they'll find anyone they like any better next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.