Mainord commits to South Carolina, sucks for us. RTR

GarrettLA

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 22, 2003
Los Angeles, CA USA
Check this out and have a great weekend Tide fans.

Garrett in Los Angeles

January 17, 2004
Gamecocks Receive Huge Commitment
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roger Coggins
GamecockCentral.com

Coalmont (Tenn.) Grundy County defensive end Kevin Mainord (6’4, 265, 4.7) took his official visit to South Carolina this past weekend. The All-State lineman has seen enough of Alabama on his official visit there to know that Columbia is where he wants to be for the next four years.

According to sources close to Mainord, he has now committed to South Carolina and Gamecock recruiter Dave Roberts. This is the Gamecocks eleventh commitment of the 2004 class.

We hope to catch up with Mainord over the weekend for a full report

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
man that stinks....i thought he was all but a lock

------------------
Comes the Tide, bringing with it untapped,
unfathomed depths of energy.....
awesome mighty and relentless it comes.....this is the Tide

tideomega

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2002
Birmingham Al.
GarrettLA, we can't win them all, but I think it sucks for him. Wanting to be a gamecock and not go to T-Town, but I do hate to lose him and thats for the report...

T C

RTR.......

vatidefan

Scout Team
Apr 30, 2003
Manassas,Virginia,USA
This is simply my opinion but I really think the staff is getting a lock on whos qualifying and whos not. I think the staff believes there are only 3-4 scholly's left. Of these we want at least one wr, washington, manson or miller(if we are so lucky) Mainard was a dl and if we take 2 guys on the d-line with these last few its going to be Miller and Washington.

------------------
University Of Alabama:
12 NCAA Championships
21 SEC Championships
51 Bowl Appearances
87 First Team All Amer.
3rd Highest Winning % in D1 History
ANY QUESTIONS? RTR

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
This might be good news in a round about way. This could mean that we have a secret commitment from a higher ranked DL or a high probability of getting a better DL. I think if the coaches wanted him they would have gotten a verbal from him by now. Obviously I don't know anything about the situation and this is just speculation on my part.

I think Bama's final four commitments will come from these six prospects. Lorenzo Washington, Keith Brown or Larry Kendrick, Steve Gandy, Markus Manson or Lavarus Giles.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
With Mainord being sent home for what ever reason it seems the posts that I read questioning his character may have been correct. I never have heard of a recruit being sent home from an official visit to Bama before. I can't imagine someone announcing their commitment to another school will on an official visit to a different school. It makes you wonder if he called USC to commit to them from his Bama visit? Or maybe he was sent home for something else and then he called USC and committed? The timing of his commitment being announced would seem to indicate that one of those two scenarios may be the case. Either way this is a shocker and a very strange situation. It looks like Bama dodged a bullet on this one.

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vatidefan:
This is simply my opinion but I really think the staff is getting a lock on whos qualifying and whos not. I think the staff believes there are only 3-4 scholly's left. Of these we want at least one wr, washington, manson or miller(if we are so lucky) Mainard was a dl and if we take 2 guys on the d-line with these last few its going to be Miller and Washington.

</font>
I kind of believe your on to something there....Also, I read on a bamamag board post that this Mainard guy has an attitude problem and has been a problem on his hs team this year. I have no other facts on this,and it may be hear say.However if true I for one will not be bothered by letting this one get away.Like you said we have few spots left and bigger fish out there.
drjamesm

Tsunami_RTR

1st Team
Jan 10, 2004
Burns, TN, USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Crimson Surfer:
I can't imagine someone announcing their commitment to another school will on an official visit to a different school. It makes you wonder if he called USC to commit to them from his Bama visit? </font>
Jay from Bamamag said that he was sent home and THEN CALLED SC from home! He saw that he had blown it w/BAMA and took what he saw as 2nd best I would think.

------------------
"I don't know, we haven't played Alabama yet." -- Vince Lombardi after being asked what it felt like to be the greatest football team in the world just after winning the '66 Super Bowl

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TexasBama:
I think this is probably good for us. </font>
Like I said before,the post I read on this guy was a least a week ago....I believe we are much better off without these kind of tudes at UA. I believe the only case I remember like this was C Jackson at the barn last year. I just hope CMS got this guy out of there before he caused any harm.I know bamamag will not say any official statement on this for good reasons, but I'm sure the truth will leak out.Anyway, I had bad feelings on this guy from the start.
drjamesm

Tsunami_RTR

1st Team
Jan 10, 2004
Burns, TN, USA
Another proff that CMS is willing to take a stand when need be! Way to go Coach!

RTR

------------------
"I don't know, we haven't played Alabama yet." -- Vince Lombardi after being asked what it felt like to be the greatest football team in the world just after winning the '66 Super Bowl

GarrettLA

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 22, 2003
Los Angeles, CA USA
This Dude was apparently sent home by CMS, so he definitely did something that probably disqualifies him from any Deacon or Altar boy duties for this weekend at the Chapel with the Castille and Shula families. SUCKS for YOU SOUTH CAROLINA and way to go CMS. NO MORE LOSERS!!! And, yes it's true, once again we don't know what happened but I support CMS and his decision to pull ole Mainord's Happy Meal Buffet ticket and send him back on the Greyhound, CMS seems pretty cool, laid back and please do not cross the line cause if you do, you are goin down, just ask Bates. RTR

Peace and Blessings,

Garrett in Los Angeles.

Crimson Elephant

Scout Team
Aug 1, 2000
Gaffney, SC
Seems that Mainord did something while on this visit that Coach Shula didn't approve. Then he commited to South Carolna. I'm glad to see Coach Shula for taking a stand, and not putting up with some young mans attitude that he my have.

[This message has been edited by Crimson Elephant (edited 01-18-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Crimson Elephant (edited 01-18-2004).]

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I seem to recall that fRan sent a recruit home either last year or the year before who showed up wearing all South Carolina get up and was either bad mouthing Alabama on his visit or trying to lure some of the recruits to come to USC. I believe he was either a receiver or a DB, just can't remember his name.

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
Just based on him being sent home early, obviously there was some problem perhaps with his attitude or something he did. I don't think the coaches had a good feeling about another recruit committing, just that they don't want to risk bringing in a bad seed.

TerryP

Suspended
Oct 8, 1999
Guys, I don't want a huge discussion about this all over the forums...but let me say this.

It's not a very smart move to steal while you are on a recruiting visit.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.