Recruiting tidbits...who gets the last spots

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
Recruiting never happens by accident. Accidents are finding Wallace Gilberry in the MS & AL all star game. But recruiting is the result of targeted and focused hard work for a number of years. Recruiting places an importance on relationships with HS coaches, HS players, and College staffs. With the numerous changes in our staff, it is amazing we have the class assembled we have to this point.

Bamanation, do not expect a miracle commit who comes from nowhere because they seldom if ever happen and when they do it’s because the circumstances changed…scholly pulled etc. That is why I never get to excited when B Miller or M Brown becomes interested at a late date. Most of the time it’s just having a good time on the recruiting trail coupled with a bit of curiosity by the recruit.

If we gain (and I think we will) the commitment from Washington next week, it will not be because of our BAMA tradition but because Coach Randolph developed a special relationship with this young man and many hours by the staff in contact with Mr. Washington as well as the BAMA tradition.

In closing, the final recruits will come from the pool of talent we have been recruiting for many months…K Brown, L Washington, DJ Hall, L Kendrick, M Manson, J Mckissic, N Brown, M Howeth, or L Giles and they are not to shabby!

------------------
Things are looking up at the Capstone!

Whammer Jammer

[This message has been edited by Whammer Jammer (edited 01-24-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Whammer Jammer (edited 01-25-2004).]

Dr. Know

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
Orange Tx via Lower Ala.
I've heard Mike Brown (Ga.) will visit on the 30th. Something is up with this young man, I just have a feeling that early playing time and Lo Washington may have something to do with it.

Is this just wishful thinking???

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dr. Know:
I've heard Mike Brown (Ga.) will visit on the 30th. Something is up with this young man, I just have a feeling that early playing time and Lo Washington may have something to do with it.
Is this just wishful thinking???
</font>
We have been recruiting him so the "long shot" is not quite as long but still a long shot. I would rate UF ahead of our chances at this time. That said stranger things have happened after a visit to a great school with great tradition and early playing time!

------------------

Whammer Jammer

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
JUCO talented WR Kendrick will announce on Wednesday...claims no favorites but it appears it's coming down to an Ole Miss and BAMA battle.

------------------

Whammer Jammer

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Whammer Jammer:
It appears that Giles will pick Ole Miss reports TI.

</font>
Yes,it appears to me were down to DJ Hall,and L Washington as our strongest leans. It looks more and more about as I thought.....I just am crossing my fingers on us closing the deal.I still feel like if we get these 2 it will be a very good ending to this class. I still would love at least one surprise to add to the class,and even though everyone is tired of hearing this I still hope it's MM. I know chances are mid-to slim, but I know we still need a rb.
drjamesm

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.