With Giles already commited is this mean we will get Manson

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bamaboysa:
Will we get Manson , since Giles went to Ole miss, or is there someone else for us instead

</font>
I believe he was considered a back up to MM commiting,and this is more the reason we lost him to UM.I would not read anything more into that than this. However,I have said I would love to get MM anyway,but he could very well end up at UF regardless of what I would like to see.Actually,bc of MM wishy washy attitude toward Bama I almost would have rathered we pushed Giles harder,but thats water under the bridge now!
drjamesm

ed4tide4u2

1st Team
Sep 25, 2000
mobile,al.
Florida is already deep at the running back position and none of them are even juniors yet. I don't think it would be wise of Manson to go there if he expects any playing time. Another kid from Bama went to Florida last year and due to their depth, he played special teams. I bet Chad Jackson wishes he had come to Bama now. He would be first string next year if he had. Markus should reconsider his committment unless he likes the scout teams because that's where he will play at UF. To Jackson at UF, it could have been you and Caddell lighting up the scoreboard if you had not made the wrong choice.

GO BAMA,ROLL TIDE!!!

[This message has been edited by ed4tide4u2 (edited 01-26-2004).]

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
The issue is that Manson committed to Florida and is getting serious pressure from that staff to stay committed.

Based on reports, from those close to the situation, Manson is leaning to staying home. There is in contrast to his comments from interviews that reflect his commitment to Florida. He will visit this weekend which then the dead period begins. There has been some buzz that he will then commit to the Tide and enter the dead period.

IF he doesn't commit, Bama loses the battle, but not the war. Bama will not sign a RB this year and will look to sign 2-3 next year.

tideomega

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2002
Birmingham Al.
The Tide, I agree with your post %100. I hope we get MM, but if we don't get him then it is not by no means the end of the world, because the way I see it, if we don't have a couple injuries at RB we will be O.K. this year and really hit the trail hard next year for 2 or 3 RB's.

T C

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.