Ducks' Blount punches Boise State Player/Blount Suspended (merged)

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
What do you guys think?

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/jakeinpro/3885732185/"]Hey Oregon - Still More ***! on Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

Personnaly, I love it, I think the Boise State guy deserved what he got. He was jawing at Blount after the game. It's won, get over it, why would you continue to talk? Emotions are high! It popped off. I think it shows horrible character, this guy is gone... He's off the team! Lawsuits, i mean there is so much that will follow from this! I loved this because it shows how emotional the game is! I hate it at the same time because of how poor of character it shows. I dont know. Great though!! Great Televison! great game!

Last edited:

AngryEwok

All-SEC
Re: Oregon Ducks LeGarrette Blount punches Boise State Player

I don't know if anyone deserves to get sucker punched. Blount had a solid four quarters to display his testicular fortitude after weeks of running his mouth - and he failed miserably. We should have known he was an idiot years ago when Auburn couldn't even accept him due to his poor academics.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al

What do you guys think?

Hey Oregon - Still More ***! on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Personnaly, I love it, I think the Boise State guy deserved what he got. He was jawing at Blount after the game. It's won, get over it, why would you continue to talk? Emotions are high! It popped off. I think it shows horrible character, this guy is gone... He's off the team! Lawsuits, i mean there is so much that will follow from this! I loved this because it shows how emotional the game is! I hate it at the same time because of how poor of character it shows. I dont know. Great though!! Great Televison! great game!
I hope that you are taught better sportsmanship than that. No the Boise player should not have jawed at him but he had turned and was walking away when Blount, like a punk, sucker punced him. Blount had ran his mouth, alot, before the game and Hout just reminded him of what he said. This is not the first time that Blount has had problems containing his emotions having gone after a teamate before.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

I hope that you are taught better sportsmanship than that.
I know what good sportsmenship is. I'm an Oklahoma State track athlete. And even in track we are preached to every single day about respect for your opponents. You dont talk trash after a race, you congratulate your victors, and take your "L" and you learn from your mistakes. You try and better yourself.

I loved watching this all unfold right infront of my eyes. After he punched the guy in the face, in FRONT of Boise State's head coach, he continued to fight with his teamates, fans, security, AND a Police officer. When he tried to push the officer, at that moment, I realized that this guy thought he was ABOVE the law. Because why?! Because he is a football player?!!?! It's just a GAME! but to Blount it has to be because football is EVERYTHING! He in no way thought about the future when he decided to punch that D-Lineman. And it is unfathomable to me how he continued for about 10 more mins, on National Television, on opening night (with MILLIONS of people just waiting for college football to start) with this loss of emotions. To me it shows how much he love(d) football, how emotionally attached he was to this game, but what is most important is how he showed ALL of America how much of a baby he is.

I choose to see it from both sides, as a phsycologist major, I tend to do that, however DO NOT mistake this as me defending him. This has to be the MOST messed up, stupid thing I've ever seen in college football... hell, maybe even in sports...

Last edited:

MVKTR2

1st Team
May 29, 2008

o the Boise player should not have jawed at him but he had turned and was walking away when Blount, like a punk, sucker punced him.
I strongly disagree. He was not walking away. He TOUCHED (Touching = big unforgivable no no, game is OVER) Blount, then said something bad enough for his coach to grab him(at this point he was clearly not looking away) & start giving him an ear full. At the same time, or atleast Blounts actions were already set in motion before the coach fully had his attention. I don't think he sucker punched the guy, & what they both did was certainly indefensible.

The greater point is that classlessly running your mouth before the game like Blount did or after like this numbskull did is equally wrong. I suffer sore losers better than sore winners I suppose... :rolleye2: Come on being a sore loser is understandable... sore winner is sickness!

Some are saying he's going to have law problems, have his career ended, etc. Get a grip, this wasn't nearly as bad as what has happened in a zillion FB fights before. Hopefully the coach will have the fortitude to suspend him for 3 or so games, more depending on his behavior. Also I hope the BSU player is suspended. To me running your mouth is 9/10ths as bad as saying the same thing with your fist, which I think is exactly what happened. Actions have consequences and I hope both these young men learn this lesson, they & society will be better for it. I'll add the best thing someone can do for the Oregon campus, society, & Blount is get him in some serious counseling! Seriously!!!

Roll Tide,
Phillip

MVKTR2

1st Team
May 29, 2008

What a waste of a Uniform.. If you can't man up and accept losing a game you dont need to be on the field..
Also true!

I'll add if you can't man up and accept winning a game you don't need to be on the field.

Roll Tide,
Phillip

UAinPHILLY

1st Team
Aug 15, 2006

I can only hope it made the same kind of impression on Keenan Allen as it did on most of the viewing public.

VTimHokie85

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 6, 2009

deserived it? what?.. if u cant take smack talk by fans or other players you shouldnt even be playing football. And to turn his attention to the fans when they were heckling him was the worst part imo. I hope he gets suspended indefinatly, not because of the punch which should get him 1-3 at least, but for acting like a caged animal walking off the field. Miami players got 1 game and community service projects for the Miami-FAU braw (1 miami player got a longer suspension) He will probably get about that plus more for turning his agression toward the crowd, which is the biggest no no of the whole incident

As far as the BSU player, why should he get suspended? i think being dropped on national tv was punishment enough.

Last edited:

Dakotatider

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005

Im sorry, Lagarrette needs to be suspended. He has had character issues before with the kicking off the team during spring practice. For Chip kelly, to keep that team from falling off. He needs to suspend him.

Who is to say if someone was not there when he freaked out around the fans. That he would not have hit some fans and hurt them bad. Just a apology is not enough.

He needs to prove to me that he is willing to be back with the team. He started hitting his teammate WT.... That cannot happen. If he does not like that then he is a thug and should be dumped.

Last edited:

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

I think its sad that a guy like that get to have his education paid for. Maybe you think the punch was justified but him attempting to go after fans and push his way through a police officer show that he is a little crazy.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

I think its sad that a guy like that get to have his education paid for. Maybe you think the punch was justified but him attempting to go after fans and push his way through a police officer show that he is a little crazy.
Nobody here said it was justified, in fact i'm pretty sure, if your saying that to me, i went out of my way to say i WASN'T defending his stupid self

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

I know what good sportsmenship is.
No you don't - unless you mean to be so contradictory... that is NOT good sportsmanship, so why do you love it? If you want to see fighting, go watch UFC... there's no place for this kinda stuff. Just my un-conflicted opinion.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

No you don't - unless you mean to be so contradictory... that is NOT good sportsmanship, so why do you love it? If you want to see fighting, go watch UFC... there's no place for this kinda stuff. Just my un-conflicted opinion.
It was great TV, the drama of emotions! did you NOT read what I said... I explained why i loved it, do I have to write a 3 page essay on this?! go back and read what i said. In fact, I'll save you from clicking the back button.

I know what good sportsmenship is. I'm an Oklahoma State track athlete. And even in track we are preached to every single day about respect for your opponents. You dont talk trash after a race, you congratulate your victors, and take your "L" and you learn from your mistakes. You try and better yourself.

I loved watching this all unfold right infront of my eyes. After he punched the guy in the face, in FRONT of Boise State's head coach, he continued to fight with his teamates, fans, security, AND a Police officer. When he tried to push the officer, at that moment, I realized that this guy thought he was ABOVE the law. Because why?! Because he is a football player?!!?! It's just a GAME! but to Blount it has to be because football is EVERYTHING! He in no way thought about the future when he decided to punch that D-Lineman. And it is unfathomable to me how he continued for about 10 more mins, on National Television, on opening night (with MILLIONS of people just waiting for college football to start) with this loss of emotions. To me it shows how much he love(d) football, how emotionally attached he was to this game, but what is most important is how he showed ALL of America how much of a baby he is.

I choose to see it from both sides, as a phsycologist major, I tend to do that, however DO NOT mistake this as me defending him. This has to be the MOST messed up, stupid thing I've ever seen in college football... hell, maybe even in sports...
I loved watching the emotions flying.The man let his emotions get a hold of him. It was stupid! and even worse to go off on the fan! for mom's sake, it was a FAN, of course they are going to talk! You don't do this! This does NOT happen. There is a reason. Its wrong, it shows every negative point of your personality, poor-sportsmanship, immaturity, etc etc... I'm not defending this screw up excuse of a football player. I just loved seeing this all go down, and the emotion of the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.