Where Does Recruiting Go From Here?

RTRinNC

Scout Team
Nov 24, 2000
Shelby, NC
The NCAA decision is the decision. And, if, or until, some action is taken on the appeal, it stands. Now, Coach Fran and staff are faced with the enormous task of "refocusing" on the "now", i.e. recruiting and the 2002 class. And really, with the "quiet period" and "dead period", about all they have is today to make their case.

For those that follow recruiting closely, I would be interested in your "post bombshell" opinions. I'll start it off with mine, which of course fall into the FWIW Department.

I think we are in jeopardy with evey JUCO recruit, with the possible exception of Fletcher who, as I recall, was a mid year signee. It would be a lot to expect that any JUCO would forego post season play with only two years of eligibility. Pope and Scott can play just about anywhere, and we will be dang lucky to hold onto them. I would be shocked if Williams comes to Bama now. I think he is VahTech bound, and may have been anyway.

I would now rate our chances with Obomanu at less than 10%.

I feel much better about some of our early commits, e.g. Avalos, Tatum, Darby and so on. Although, I can think of at least one that might be a little dicey holding onto.

As for our most recent verbals, e.g. Ryan, Browder, Pope II, etc., does it really matter? Most of them are off to JC or prep school anyway.

At this point, I can't even bring myself to consider who we might lose off the current roster as a transfer.

Your thoughts?

RTR!!!

Crimson Hawk

Hall of Fame
Dec 16, 2001
North Alabama
While these penalties will shut the door for some kids, at the same time it will create opportunities for others....kids whose hearts are at the Capstone. I still believe that eleven playing as one can compete with two or three stars supported by everyone else. A great man once said something to the effect that there had been all kinds of tools & gadgets made to measure everything from speed to strength to jumping ability etc. , but they ain't yet made a gadget that can measure the size of an athlete's heart!!!!!
Within my heart
dwells that same spirit of pride
that's bourne brom the Heart of Alabama
and the soul of the Crimson Tide!
D.E.M.

------------------

bamajohnny

Oct 13, 2001
alabama
Sure it is a huge decision which school to go to when at least 3 or 4 are calling but this could mean soon and often playing time for some. There could be less competition for some positions which will mean playing as a freshman for some.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.