For those who MUST HAVE MANSON -

gottarun2win

3rd Team
Oct 1, 2003
Nashville, TN USA
Think of it logically. Arguably, the greatest thing about our recruiting class is not so much the caliber of the player, though these guys are an impressive HIGH SCHOOL bunch, but the manner in which they came.

We had our class, for the most part, early on in the process. What do you think is the difference between committing early as opposed to waiting til the end? The quality of the player? Tell that to Justin Britt and Nikita Stover. Maybe it is the zeal in which they want to be at the college to which they committed. Our guys WANT to be here, they are not waiting to see what WE have for THEM - a problem that will surely plague the selfish player (or worse, the team) on the playing field.

This is a simple point, not to say that Manson doesn't want to be in Tuscaloosa, but to say he may not want to be here as badly as I would like, and as I believe all of our committments want to pull on the crimson jersey come fall.

So if he goes to Florida, I hope he followed his heart. Because if his heart isn't with Alabama, I don't want him.

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
So what you are saying is Lorenzo Washington is a selfish player? I believe your reasoning is flawed.

I don't think Bama "has to have" Manson. The fact is Bama has 3 RB's on the roster right now and signing 1 or 2 wouldn't hurt especially if one gets injured. Aaron Johns has academic issues so signing another RB might be necessary.

Manson is a top 20 RB and he is in Bama's backyard, literally. Why would you not go after him????????

gottarun2win

3rd Team
Oct 1, 2003
Nashville, TN USA
Lorenzo Washington will be a superb player and has a great attitude. I don't doubt the thoughtful player who wants to look at every option before making a committment. Lorenzo did that.

Manson is committed to Florida. Has been for some time. Has re-committed recently. doesn't sound to me like he is quite gun-ho about wearing Crimson.

Don't get me wrong, Tide, I am glad we are trying to sway him - he IS in our backyard and we have a lot of his teammates. But, we don't need him if he isn't as fervent to be with us as he is wanting to be wanted. We don't need to make it a big issue. We have a great class of guys who want to be here. Follow the logic. I think I spoon-fed it this time.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Some of you need to remember back to the 2001 class where we had Derrick Farmer on board till the day before signing day and he went public he changed his mind and was going to aTm.

With all these young men, it's not a done deal till they sign the letter of intent and for goodness sakes quit saying you don't want them if they haven't been committed since their birth.

I'm not giving up on Marcus till the ink is dry on the paper.

gottarun2win

3rd Team
Oct 1, 2003
Nashville, TN USA
I hope we get him - don't get me wrong. Just want to temper the idea that we have to get him. I think he is under enough pressure from Florida without us telling him what's good for him. If he loves Bama, he will come.

37bamagrl

All-American
May 6, 2003
Foley, AL
I want Manson. I won't be too upset if we don't get him cause this class is GREAT. but i do think we need a rb in it.....having said that, the main thing about Manson is that I just do NOT understand it. Just don't know how he can't be in love with the Crimson Tide, especially growing up in the shadows. that's my main problem. but i usually do walk around with those crimson colored glasses on. go where you feel you need to go Markus. (we would LOVE to have you).

RTR!

[This message has been edited by 37bamagrl (edited 01-30-2004).]

ed4tide4u2

1st Team
Sep 25, 2000
mobile,al.
I want MM as bad as anyone but at this point, I think we are being played. If he wants to come here he should make up his mind now. If he doesn't want to come here, good luck on Special Teams because the Gators don't need running backs and Zook is going to be a fleeting memory after next season.

Whether he comes or not, this has been a special class and the ones who do come will be the ones remembered.

GO BAMA,ROLL TIDE!!!

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
I want be upset if we don't get him because Ken Darby and T. Castille are just sophomores. We can land a stud next year and forget all about Manson.

Yet, the decision process is a process. He isn't a guy that has spent his entire life here. He isn't a guy that was a long time fan. Not all of our commits are like that either. Give Manson a chance and if he goes to Florida....we'll have to tackle him sooner or later.

GAMEFACE

1st Team
Feb 6, 2001
Cahaba Heights, Al. USA
He wont break the class. On the other hand he could very much make it. He is a stud. I want him to come but only if his heart is in it. Come on Markus get on the train.

Florida is in the lead
but is it Crimson he will bleed?

Air Bama

Scout Team
Jan 29, 2004
lake mary, fl, usa
One thing we have to really look at here is that these decisions these kids are making are some of the BIGGEST they have EVER had to make in their young lives! I live in FL now and I can tell you that my loyalties and support are bigger than they ever were to Bama. I now have a 4 month old son, who will hopefully also share those same sentiments. But we can never guarantee just because someone grew up in Bama that they share the same aspirations and dreams to play football on Saturdays at the Capstone. I want Manson just as much as the next guy and if we do not get him, I will be disappointed, but not devastated. The most important thing is that he gets the education he is after and coached to become a great young man!

As the great Forest Gump once said...."that's all i got to say 'bout that"

Scruffy_Pete

Jan 3, 2004
Mobile,AL
While I hope Manson does come to Alabama. I wouldn't worry to much about it because there are 4 tailbacks going to be back next year.

Ray Hudson
Tim Castille
Kenneth Darby
Nic Luke

Just guessing out of that group Hudson and Darby get the bulk of the carries.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I wouldn't even give it a passing thought if he were from ANYWHERE else but Tuscaloosa. We shouldn't lose those battles, but then again, we shouldn't have to twist his arm either. If running out of that tunnel wearing that CRIMSON jersey as the MDB plays "YEA ALABAMA" doesn't appeal to him, so be it.

Remember, next year, there'll be another flat-out stud RB that we just have to have. There always is. I got a feeling Coach Shula is gonna get more than his share.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.