Grant Dickey commits to Tide!

TampaJim

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Tampa, FL, USA
Grant Dickey is an OL prospect from Tyler, TX. He is 6-6, 305. He is expected to play offensive tackle.

His commitment was confirmed this afternoon on BamaOnLine.

That makes seven, with Christopher Browder (OLB/DE) right around the corner.

Chris Harris (DE)
Kenneth Darby (RB)
Kyle Tatum (DL)
Ramzee Robinson (DB)
Juwan Garth (OLB/S)
Brandon Avalos (QB)
Grant Dickey (OL)
Christopher Browder (OLB/DE)

Roll Tide!

PlayerUA

All-SEC
Apr 1, 2000
Huntsville, Alabama
Get me some butter because we are on a ROLL.

Welcome to the family, Grant.

TampaJim - Do you expect any news regarding Grant Bingham from Mountain Brook anytime soon?

Nawlins Tide

Oct 13, 1999
Mobile, AL USA
Why is CDF recruiting these shrimps?
Seriously, a 6'6" 305 lb 17 year old? That is simply mind-boggling...another fantastic pick-up.

Congrats Grant and welcome to the Crimson Tide! RTR.

TiderinMiss

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2000
Clinton, MS
Great news!

I heard the guy's one of the best!

Also,

Doug Dickey DECOMMITS to ut!

TiderinMiss

------------------
"Tennessee is a fad. Alabama is forever!"

- :)TiderinMiss

TiderinMiss

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2000
Clinton, MS
I must say, TampaJim, you keep us well informed of these recruits! Thanks!

You know, Texas has always been good to the Tide in giving us some great linebackers, DT's, OL's. The BEEF is in Texas!

Bryant loved to recruit out of Texas. Beebes used his Texas ties for his good.

Hey, look at Oklahoma. See where Bob Stoops got his recruits the past few years? I htink Mal was smart to pick up a Texan coach!

TiderinMiss

------------------
"Tennessee is a fad. Alabama is forever!"

- :)TiderinMiss

TampaJim

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Tampa, FL, USA
Brigham is reporting an offer from Alabama. He has already received offers from Auburn and LSU, among others. His high school coach is Joey Jones, which I would think helps.

I don't know if or when Brigham will commit.

Kenneth Darby (RB, Huntsville Butler) has already committed. He is on several lists of top prospects and is regarded as one of the top two RBs in Alabama (along with Jason Allen). He is a weightroom warrior, and seems like a perfect fit for Coach Fran and his staff.

RTR!

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
We are recruiting Darby, Allen, and Osborne from Oklahoma. Allen is probably slated for defense. Osborne is an uphill fight, but if we got all three of these guys, watch out.

Jess

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Guys stay tuned. Within the next year, I'll be launching HoustonPrepSports.com.

I'm already finishing up KatySports.net, a burb of Houston. This way we can online info regarding Houston area prep players.

There's a kid who's working at our company for the summer, who plays tight end for a Houston high school. He's not huge but his brother played defensive tackle at Texas A&M. He's smart, he's got the genes, and I'm working on him to look at Bama. I think he has some more growing to do.

Roll Tide!

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Not Jim, but I've been urging a little optimism in the Allen case ever since Franchione took over. I think such optimism is justified.

------------------
Jess Nicholas
Editor-At-Large
TideFans.com

PacificTide

Scout Team
Oct 12, 1999
Angier, NC
Good grief - they're coming in every day! We should have over 200 by signing day...

If this staff can recruit like this with all that's going on with the NCAA and our SEC foes taking their best shots, imagine what it'll be like after a good winning season and the NCAA stuff is decided!

Fran is indeed the man!

Roll Tide

TampaJim

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Tampa, FL, USA
As usual, Jess is right.

Allen reports that he had a great time at the camp, at which time he was offered a scholarship by the Tide. That's right - he wasn't offered until the coaches could see him in action.

The coaches explained this to Allen and he seemed fine with it. In fact, now it appears that Alabama is right in the thick of the battle for Allen's services.

Bottom line - Coach Fran and his staff know what the heck they are doing.

RTR!

Nawlins Tide

Oct 13, 1999
Mobile, AL USA
Contacted by over 32 schools...fully qualified...ranked among top 12 OL in the USA and Bama wasn't even listed as a consideration a month ago...much less a favorite. I'll bet some Big 12 schools are severely "torqued" right about now.

This is huge...and I'm not talking about Grant's physical stature. To grab a top OL prospect from out of state in mid-summer while under NCAA investigation sends a strong message: The sleeping giant is awakening.
RTR.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GAMEFACE:
Quick question, I Darby the running back everyone is so high on. Is he one of the top back that we are currently recruiting?</font>
GAMEFACE,

A.Wallace, T.Lemming rank Darby Second and Third in the South respectively. He is a work horse and weight room nut. He looks alot (in build) like Shaun Alexander, but faster. With all the running backs the Tide will have no trouble finding someone who will step up. His team-mates say he is a true leader and leads by example. The Future looks great.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.