Would the BAMA-lsu loser playing boise state in the Sugar Bowl intrigue you?

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
In other words, would you watch a lsu-boise Sugar Bowl? ;)

Whether it's BAMA or lsu, I think that would be a great match-up, and relish seeing either of these two teams play the Broncos in the Sugar Bowl. I think it might actually shut up some of the boise lovers for a while.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I would love to see LSU play them ;). Seriously though Boise scares me a little especially them having about a month to prepare. We saw how giving Saban a few weeks to prepare worked for Michigan State last year though so it would be fun to watch.

subherbanite

1st Team
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Yes, and I would hope that L.S.U. would stomp them. Don't get me wrong, Boise St. is a very good program and I can't stand L.S.U.. But I'm tired of them winning no more than 2 big games a year and crying because they couldn't get in the BCSCG.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I don't know. Honestly it's pretty disappointing to think this game is pretty much it. Win it, you most likely win it all. Lose it, and you don't win anything. No west division, no SEC, no NC.

I guess I say that to say that my preference would be for Boise State to somehow make it to play the winner in the NC game. I don't have a doubt they would lose that game by a wide margin.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I wish the BCS had put Boise St up against Florida in 2009 instead of against TCU. Would have been Tim Tebow's finest hour destroying the Broncos instead of the Bearcats.

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
Yes. I would pull hard for LSU in that game. With a month to prepare, only the Tigers or Tide would be a match for them and I think either team would relish (well maybe welcome) an opportunity to show the power the best the SEC has to offer against that bunch!

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
Yes, and I would hope that L.S.U. would stomp them. Don't get me wrong, Boise St. is a very good program and I can't stand L.S.U.. But I'm tired of them winning no more than 2 big games a year and crying because they couldn't get in the BCSCG.
Most Boise fans don't cry because they haven't been in the BCSCG. Most on their board have stated that Alabama is the best team in the country now and that if we played them that we would probably win. Again, the media makes more of the situation than the fans do. Yes, there are some of their fans that talk it up but they are the minority. We tend to focus on that minority.
I would love them to play LSU and stomp a mudhole in LSU if only to see what kind of lame excuses many on this board would come up with to discredit them.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
Wow, not at all the experience we've seen here on TF when they've visited. The BSu apologists are odd in their fervor and support for a team that plays one or two games vs 10-11 scrimmages per year.
Yes, here on TF but then it is usually the morons fans of any team that run to toher team boards and run their mouth. I always hate it when I see a Bama fan come to their homeboard bragging about how they got banned from a rival team's board.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I wish the BCS had put Boise St up against Florida in 2009 instead of against TCU. Would have been Tim Tebow's finest hour destroying the Broncos instead of the Bearcats.
Tebow is destroying the Broncos...in the NFL. Seriously, they needed 18 points in the final five minutes to beat the winless Dolphins. Still trying to figure out why they traded up to get him in the first round.

Sent from my EVO with Tapatalk

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Most Boise fans don't cry because they haven't been in the BCSCG. Most on their board have stated that Alabama is the best team in the country now and that if we played them that we would probably win. Again, the media makes more of the situation than the fans do. Yes, there are some of their fans that talk it up but they are the minority. We tend to focus on that minority.
I would love them to play LSU and stomp a mudhole in LSU if only to see what kind of lame excuses many on this board would come up with to discredit them.
Have you done a BSU fan study? Do you know they don't cry about not being in the BSCCG?

Every team that loses a game they should have won can give "excuses" that you would think are "lame".

I think you, like most other BSU fans, can't seem to get is that most people don't really have a beef with BSU, but with BSU's schedule, or more so their Strength of schedule.
Boise is a good team that is well-coached and This is their best team to date in my opinion.
With 30+ days to prepare for one game, they have a chance to beat anybody that one game.

It's winning against 4-5-6 or more ranked teams in a year and playing 2-3 ranked teams back-to-back that they just can't do and never have.
Us and everyone else in the SEC have to do it EVERY year. Not just the year we have 19 fifth year seniors and a good QB.

Yeah, I know, "they can't play anyone but who is on their schedule".
That's why they shouldn't even be considered. Their schedule is the problem. Not BSU.

I can beat up my little brother and all of his freinds at the local gym. Done it Every time for the last 5 years. I'm undeafeated
I should be able to fight GSP for the UFC welterweight title.
:rolleyes:
I can't believe that you think BSU would be undefeated if they played the schedule of any SEC team. Or any PAC12 or Big12 team for that matter.

How many teams would be undeafeated with BSU's schedule? 12? 15? 18?

And don't bring up the the "everyone is scared to schedule BSU" crap. There have been many threads dispelling that myth.

IMO, the First thing BSU should do to be considered a real DIV1, FBS school is get rid of the ridiculous, silly, gimmick of a football field.

My rant is done.

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
Yes! Please bring them on, it's time for the Broncos to see what real SEC football is, not playing Georgia and thinking they've beaten Goliath. Us playing them and winning would be the best consolation in my mind to a non-NC season... but we all know that won't happen:wink:

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
I apologize for my rant above and to you, Mamacalled. No offense to you. Sorry for making it look that way.

This thread was not about BSU in the BCSCG, but playing in the Sugar Bowl.

I just get tired of hearing Boise and BCS in the same sentence the last 4-5 years.

Boise will be a tough win for anyone in any bowl game. They take it as their statement game against the world and with 30+ days to prepare they will be ready.

Last edited:

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
Once again, as has been said thousands of times nationally regarding Boise State- no one will argue that they're not competitive against pretty much anyone in a one game shot. However, they're not playing even decent competition during the regular season week in and week out. Any decent team can get up for one or two tough games per year.

I wonder how Boise would do with the Gators' stretch this season vs. Bama, LSU, *uburn and UGA back, to back, to back, to back.

Get real.

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I would love to see a LSU/Bama vs BSU Sugar Bowl. My GF's dad is a rabid BSU fan and I am tired of hearing about "Utah '08" from him. He also texts me the score of the BSU game every week. Like I care how much they beat San Jose St by. BSU needs a good smackdown as far as I am concerned 'cause this guy is riding my butt! Florida would look like world beaters this season against that schedule instead of playing for 3rd best in the SEC East...

thunderz7

1st Team
Nov 6, 2001
northeast alabama usa
The Bama vs LSU looser will likely not be the most motivated team in the country, even come bowl time.
The Samn Derfs will have everything to gain, SEC team has not so much.
Makes me think of the Bama vs Utah Sugar Bowl, I know Bama was the beat team but Utah had the world to gain, Bama not so.
I only want to play BSU if we have as much to gain as they do.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.